Author Topic: Styles Family  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Denis Horan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Styles Family
« on: Tuesday 14 December 04 13:16 GMT (UK) »
I would like to hear from anyone with information on the Styles family from Ballyeightragh (previously from North Kerry). Also their connection to the Day / O'Neill / Talbot families.

Many Thanks

Offline J.Capstick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Styles Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have a Mary Anne Styles who married John Talbot about 1812 in Aghadoe, Killarney, Kerry. Children were James, Boyle, Thomas, Richard, Harry, William, Andrew, Charles, Jane, Anne.
I descend from James. His grand daughter, Mary Jane Griffin born c. 1892 married Harry Horan c.1917 in Ballinorig, Kerry.
Any connection?
Joan

Offline Denis Horan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Styles Family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joan,
Thanks for your message. I think I have come across these Talbots through another contact Mike Talbot. I can't quite connect with them yet.

However there were only 3 or 4 Styles families in Kerry and they were all related. There were more than 20 Talbot families but again they were all connected somehow.

I've actually got 2 lines I'm trying to connect.
1) My 2xgt-grandfther James Styles of Ballyeightragh (b.1856) was the son of John Styles of Ballyseedy (later of Ballyeightragh) and Jean (Jane?) Talbot of Lahern. i'm trying to find out more about John Styles' family and also Jean/Jane's Talbot connections. I don't think she's the Jane yoiu mention but I may be wrong.
2) My 3xgt-grandfather was Thomas Boyle Talbot of Aghacurreen (b.c.1827) who married Amelia Blennerhassett. I know Thomas Boyle's father was called Boyle Talbot and I am trying to connect him to the rest of the Talbots. His wife may have been called Elizabeth.

If any of these lines fit into your tree that would be good. Or if you think I have any information of use to you let me know. My e-mail is (*).

Thanks
Denis

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php