Author Topic: Mearns of Gamrie  (Read 4902 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Mearns of Gamrie
« on: Sunday 05 August 07 23:43 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the marraige of William Mearns to Janet Donald

the family I have are George born 3.10.1819

William born 4.6.1810

Anne born 14.5.1812

all born Gamrie

There could be more family

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mearns of Gamrie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 August 07 00:15 BST (UK) »
The online IGI at http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true shows the following two results. These are both extracts from the records, so they should be available to download from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk on a pay per view basis.

WM. MEARNS / JANET DONALD - Marriage: 12 AUG 1809 Gamrie, Banffshire
WILLIAM MEARNS / JANET DONALD - Marriage: 12 AUG 1809 Monquhitter, Aberdeenshire

The two marriage records should show the banns being called in the home parishes of the bride and the groom.

The same source also shows three children that you have found.

ADP

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 August 07 14:16 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for this
I entered Scotlandspeople in January and have not been able to get through to them so have sent a mail to them to see if they can sort my problem  ??? ??? ???
I'm maybe just not entering the right users name or password

Thanks all the same
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline jethro12

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 October 09 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Do you know any details on Williams parents?
Names of William and George Mearns feature often in my family from around that area.

Thanks

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 October 09 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Jethro12

I have George Mearns b 3.10.1819 he married Jane Codenhead  14.12.1844
Family
George b 1866
William b 1850
Jame b 1845
Jane b 1847
Helen Milne b 1851 ( my husbands grt grandmother )m James Howie
Betsy b 1854
Hugh b 1861
David b 1863 and
John Alexander b 1867 all born at Fordoun
Is this any help to you
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 October 09 23:09 BST (UK) »
oppppppppppppppppppppppppppps just see your a new member
Welcome to rootschat  8)
You will get plenty help here finding your family
after 3 postings you can PM me and if you are a relative I may can help you
good hunting
Elizabeth