Author Topic: Rootschat Statistics or stats  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Statistics or stats
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 09:46 BST (UK) »
I have a hard enough time keeping up with one name   ::)

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:03 BST (UK) »
Me too, Barbara!  But I guess the way I've twigged some of the duplicate posters is because they can't keep up with more than one name  ;D

JAP

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:10 BST (UK) »
Can't see the point  ???
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:22 BST (UK) »
Me neither!  Some kind of game playing and attention seeking, I suspect!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:28 BST (UK) »
Yeah - I'm sure there are plenty of mischievous (or even malevolent!) reasons  ;D 

But I should say that I did once hear a plausible explanation from somebody; one username was for correspondence about the person's forebears and the other for correspondence about the person's partner's forebears - that way they could easily be filed appropriately.

JAP

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:35 BST (UK) »
Well, that reason makes sense, JAP!  But it'd still be interesting to know how many there are.  What I find difficult is when they try to conceal their identity - if they are upfront about having two usernames, I don't have a problem!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:40 BST (UK) »
Can't see the point ???

I now don't have a problem with any of this, as I've just remembered I know of one rootschatter who had to register twice for technical reasons, and so one name remains unused...

Barbara

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 10:41 BST (UK) »
I know of several cases with the following reasons:

1) password (or user name) forgotten - it was so long ago that they last logged in - and instead of asking for a reminder, they just re-registered.

2) problems with logging in.  Whether cookies or some other problem, they re-register with a new name.  (Some times they had to re-register, just to be able to discuss the problem.)

Quote from: MarieC
if they are upfront about having two usernames, I don't have a problem!
In the first case, they may or may not mention it sometime, in the second case, they  are mostly open and upfront  about it

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 11:00 BST (UK) »
I've done it on other boards (but not this one) solely because I forgot my username and/or password, so I just re-signup.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA