Author Topic: help on Death Records Please  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
help on Death Records Please
« on: Monday 06 August 07 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Listers,

DELAHIDE and MULLINS FAMILY
If I could somehow find the deaths of my Great Great Grandparents I could then fill in a little more on my Great Grandmother as all I have on her is her name, birth year, her parents names and that she came from Clare~Limerick Ireland.

My Great Grandmother Mary Josephine DELAHIDE b 1861 [Clare~Limerick]
Her parents were Patrick DELAHIDE [ farmer ] and Margaret MULLINS.
If Mary was a first child her parents birth years would be about 1835~1839ish.

What I'm hoping for is some help in finding out what death records that I could search in which I may be able to find deaths for Patrick and Margaret.
On Mary's marriage/c  1885 it stated parents names, so i would be looking at between 1885 to about 1900.

Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: help on Death Records Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 August 07 14:36 BST (UK) »
Finding the death records with so little information is not going to be easy.
First of all, am assuming that if Mary's marriage certificate listed parents names then she was not born in Ireland. So, are you sure her parents both stayed in Ireland?
Next, if the parents are both listed on marriage certificate how do you know that one or both are not already dead?
Could they not have died after 1901?
To search for a death in Ireland you would need to check the death index (divided into quarters: Jan/Mar, Apr/Jun, Jul/Sep, Oct/Dec) for each year which means 4 separate ones for each year.
Have you checked through sources on this site yet?
www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/genealog.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 August 07 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hello aghadowery and thank you

On Mary's marriage/c in 1885 [Aust ] is states parents Patrick DELAHIDE and Margaret MULLINS, It also states Mary was born in Limerick Ire [ I have since been told that Limerick is/was reg district for Clare ] On two of her childrens birth/c is says that Mary was born in Clare.
I have Mary's shipping records into Australia 1878 [dairy maid ]
Australian certificates state parents names.
Thank you for the site I'll take a look.

Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 August 07 16:12 BST (UK) »
'Limerick' can refer to Limerick city or the county of Limerick. Co. Limerick marches Co. Clare and Limerick city is literally on the border.

1901 census- King's Island, Castle Ward, Limerick City: Patrick Delahyde.
www.from-ireland.net/censabstracts/lim/1901/castlewardlimcity.htm#4

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 04:22 BST (UK) »
aghadowey,

Thank you so much for that, your help is most appricated!

It may seem so little to others but I now have with the help of this great group a place to look at.
I now have to get to up to LDS.

Many thanks
Yonks Ago