Author Topic: "Lost" replies to post - Completed  (Read 952 times)

Offline delta

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
"Lost" replies to post - Completed
« on: Tuesday 07 August 07 12:00 BST (UK) »
I seem to have lost several replies to one of my posts.  I thought it had been more or less sorted but then received another communication - and that's all that is on the post now.  I've looked on the completed topics but it doesn't appear there.  :(
All in Hertfordshire
Barrett
Crawley
Kefford
Jackson
Mardling
Odell
Pearman
Toms
Wallduck

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "Lost" replies to post
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta

As far as I know (& a mod will probably confirm) the only posts that get deleted are in the "Totally off Topic" threads, so your information should be somewhere on here if it was in any other area.

If you go to your profile (link towards top of screen) there is an option near the bottom which is
"show the last posts of this RootsChatter" This will show you all your threads & you can select them & check for your lost information. Perhaps you have 2 threads with similar names?

Hope this helps

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline delta

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Trish

Have looked at my profile - the original request and the latest replies are shown but not the lost ones.  I might just post a general "thank you" because I now have the info I was looking for.

Thanks
Delta
All in Hertfordshire
Barrett
Crawley
Kefford
Jackson
Mardling
Odell
Pearman
Toms
Wallduck

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta - which topic were your "lost" posts on?  Did you actually see them posted, or is it possible that you typed them & then did something other than posting them?

The Moderators rarely remove posts and if we did we would certainly let you know, so I don;t think it is that!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline delta

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots

My original post is still there - I had a few replies, which I read and then posted answers to - all of which I could see.  I then modified the heading of my original post by adding the work sorted.  I then received an email to say I had another reply from someone else and when I went to read it the previous "correspondence" was not there - just my original post. 

Delta
All in Hertfordshire
Barrett
Crawley
Kefford
Jackson
Mardling
Odell
Pearman
Toms
Wallduck

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta,

Please do provide quite specific information about:

a) which one of your requests you are referring to

b) what information you believe you received (and if you remember from whom) but can no longer find

c) how you modified the heading.

In my experience nothing just disappears from RootsChat without reason, or - at the very least - without advice to this effect being posted or sent.

All the very very best,

JAP

Offline delta

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hello JAP

My post was Holy Trinity Minories.

I am not very good with remembering names but I am sure one was Vera.  I think there were about 8 replies altogether, including my own.

As I thought I could go no further I modified my original post - see reply to Arranroots.

The next reply I received was to Holy Trinity Minories - Sorted.  That's when I realised the previous replies were not there.

As my daughter has now checked the parish records for me I just wanted to thank everyone who had given me some assistance and let them know the outcome.

Delta
All in Hertfordshire
Barrett
Crawley
Kefford
Jackson
Mardling
Odell
Pearman
Toms
Wallduck

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta

My only other thought is perhaps someone sent you a PM (personal/private message) which had some information & it was not posted on the main thread.

But - not to worry - I'm pleased that you found what you wanted (or your daughter did :)  :) ) so the idea of posting a general thankyou sounds good to me

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta,

As Trish says - don't worry!  You've done all you can.

Best regards,

JAP
Other relevant threads:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,248645.0.html
(various subject lines - including +Completed and +Sorted)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,248873.0.html