Author Topic: Essex parish records look up please  (Read 1208 times)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Essex parish records look up please
« on: Tuesday 07 August 07 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Is there anyone who has access to the Essex parish records who would be willing to do a look up for me.
I am trying to find the parents of Lucy Sadler, who according to the i g i was born in Colchester Essex in 1808, but her parents are not on the page with her.
The only other info i have is that she married George Nunn on 23 February 1829 in Rougham Suffolk. But Lucy had an illegitimate child by then, and the Sadler name is one that keeps comming up in my tree.
Thank you.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline jayres

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Essex parish records look up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hi William

I have the Colchester Parish Registers but they don't start until 1813. The only Sadler family having children around 1813 to 1818, and therefore probably earlier, were Samuel and Sarah Sadler. They lived in the St Giles area of Colchester and he was a weaver.

There is no sign of Lucy having a child in Colchester.

Hope this helps.

Judy
Researching Smith (Witley Surrey), Holden, Knott, Rook, Cockrell, Fish, Flower, Hall, Campin, Smidseder, Cuckoo, Memory, Ayres, Rye, Miles, Dilloway, Richardson, Worn, Pocknell, Kesterton, Waterhouse, Shrub, Rumsby, Barber

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Essex parish records look up please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy.
Thank you for the info, this family is a real trial, they are so intermarried that it is hard to work out. Lucy had the illegitimate child in Suffolk.
My 3x g grandmother was also a sadler before she married and i am trying to find a relationship between her and Lucy, i am hoping that Lucy perhaps went to Suffolk to be near a grand parent?.
But the harder i look the more complicated it becomes.
Thank you once again.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.