Author Topic: Phillippa BONE mystery (from Allmon SNELL post) Was she married before?  (Read 7374 times)

Offline aussiegalx

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Phillippa BONE mystery (from Allmon SNELL post) Was she married before?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 August 07 13:34 BST (UK) »
Kris, I will email Rita again and ask if she has any idea about the Banns thanks.

Sylvia, I wish it was him.  But he died before that.  He was in the 1851 census with Phillipa, James and Samuel SNELL, in St Austell.  But in 1841 he has vanished.  And now I can't find his death but he is not with his wife Mary Ann in 1871 and she remarried in 1873 grrr lol

And it is hard finding out if his mother Phillipa was married before either....

Anyway thank you so much for all your help, it is very deeply appreciated.
STAGG/MARTIN/EAGLE/SPACKMAN - WILTSHIRE
ANDREWS - DEVON
NICHOLSON - LINCOLNSHIRE
SNELL/BONE - CORNWALL

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aussiegalx

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 September 07 18:19 BST (UK) »
I am really stumped here.  I have no way to get access to parish records.  Nor do I think the banns will help as I read somewhere that the banns don't show any additional information  ???  But I have no way of getting hold of them anyway.

So I am completely stuck. 

Thanks Kris and everyone who tried to help, I appreciate it very much, I really do.

Jenny
ANDREWS - DEVON
NICHOLSON - LINCOLNSHIRE
SNELL/BONE - CORNWALL

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 September 07 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny
Are you really not able to get to an LDS Family History Centre - as suggested to you on your other post?     They are worldwide.  Perhaps you could plan a holiday near one!   They should be able to order the film of most parish records and then you can search them for yourself.  It must be frustrating not to get further.
Andrea

Offline aussiegalx

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 09 September 07 08:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.  I could get to a LDS BUT, the St Stephen in Brannel OPC has sent me the original parish entry for James SNELL to Phillipa BONE and it does not say anything else about the marriage.

Oh doh! lol.  If I order the films for the BONE children, would there be any chance of finding out any more?  IE as Kris said and I forgot, see where they lived to see if there is any chance the mother Philadelphia BONE is the same as Phillipa SNELL.

It is just so confusing I guess I got confused lol.  So what I need to do, the only thing I could do, is order the baptisms for the BONE children and hope they reveal something more about their mother??  ???

Thanks
Jenny
ANDREWS - DEVON
NICHOLSON - LINCOLNSHIRE
SNELL/BONE - CORNWALL

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 09 September 07 09:00 BST (UK) »
Often, if you can look through the film yourself you get a feel for the family.  They may appear as witnesses to to other events, you might find burials etc.   It all helps to build up a wider picture and you may find useful information on the way.   Well worth the effort.  Ask the OPC about the banns.
Andrea

Offline aussiegalx

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 September 07 09:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Andrea that really makes sense.  I did ask Rita about the banns but I think she must have lost my email lol.  I did read on the net though that they had no further information.

So I will do as you and kris and others have said though, and order in the film.  I am not sure when I can do it though.  I just hate brick walls. 

I have no many brick walls right now I am walled in lol.  (Maddened by MADDIGAN in London for instance lol.)

Thanks very much for your replies.  I just wish sometimes I was over in England as I would love going to the Record Offices.  Aww well lol thank god for LDS centres.

Jenny
ANDREWS - DEVON
NICHOLSON - LINCOLNSHIRE
SNELL/BONE - CORNWALL