Author Topic: Need your insight and wisdom  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Wendl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Shaking the Irish Family Tree from Canada
    • View Profile
Need your insight and wisdom
« on: Wednesday 08 August 07 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Looking for some advice from all you talented people!!!  My project for this summers research venture in Belfast is to try and locate Siblings to my Grt Grt Grandfather in hopes to further the search of the lines in our Family tree, and break down the brickwall encircling his parents...

Firstly, I know my grt grt Grandfather James Watson Close was born 13 Aug 1843, the day and month were taken from an old family b/day book belonging to one of his daughters, the year...came from his marriage certificate, it stated he was 22yrs when he married 27 May 1866 at St. Anne's in Belfast.  However, I'm not certain where he was born.  He died 29 July 1889 at 7 Susan Street, and was a Blacksmith by trade.  According to his marriage certificate his father was John Close, Labourer.

Now, it appears that James Watson and his wife Susanna  Hedley used family names when naming there children.  Elizabeth, was used twice.  When the first one died at 3 yrs the next daughter was named Elizabeth.  As well, Margaret, Robert, James, William and John are names that run through every generation of our family, and apparently every other Close family I find.  The family were presbyterian, and all appeared to live around the same area...Have a complete line from James Watson and Susanna's children forward to present...but would dearly love to expand the branches, or get closer to the root of the tree Ie: John Close.

Can anyone offer any insight on how to solve my dilema and find James Watson's sister's and brother's?  Your insight is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks a bunch
Wendy
Barrie/Barry-Forfar
Broun/Brown-Kirriemuir, Forfar, Angus
Carr-Belfast
Close -Belfast, Antrim and Down, Mageraghall; Ontario, Canada 
Crowe- Belfast
Gardiner/Gardner-Belfast, Scotland
Hennion- USA
Hedley- Belfast
Lawlor-Belfast, Down: Ontario, Canada
McPherson-Esquising, Ontario
McKernan-Australia
Ramsay-Kirriemuir,Scotland
Thompson-Derry; Ontario-Canada
Walker- Kirriemuir,Forfar,Dundee Scotland
Wilkinson-Belfast

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Need your insight and wisdom
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 August 07 11:59 BST (UK) »
seeing you maybe in Belfast, try linenhall Library,  in their Blackwood family history manuscripts is a queried entry It is for the Close surname at first sight but the indexer has later queried it as being a Clore  Its in vol 9 with some notes. Its worth checking now or later by post. I will try to find more for you from other sources.
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Wendl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Shaking the Irish Family Tree from Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Need your insight and wisdom
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 August 07 12:42 BST (UK) »
HI there...

I thankyou for your insight...will definitely try linenhalll and see what I can come up with...

thanks again...
Wendy
Barrie/Barry-Forfar
Broun/Brown-Kirriemuir, Forfar, Angus
Carr-Belfast
Close -Belfast, Antrim and Down, Mageraghall; Ontario, Canada 
Crowe- Belfast
Gardiner/Gardner-Belfast, Scotland
Hennion- USA
Hedley- Belfast
Lawlor-Belfast, Down: Ontario, Canada
McPherson-Esquising, Ontario