Author Topic: John Little and wife Agnes - nee Wright  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: John Little and wife Agnes - nee Wright
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 12 August 07 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Reiver,

Please, don't feel you have to go away.  ;)

I appreciate your help. What you said was very useful.

Everything we 'novices' do on Rootschat is a learning experience. I am sure we may make mistakes at times, although I can't see where you made one.

As this is my posting I do not expect others to vent there egos within it.

All assistance is welcomed, no matter how trivial, or repetitive.

Thanks again Reiver.

Jamjar

PS Gadget,

If you wish to continue assisting me in my search, I will be grateful. However, I do not wish other participants made to feel bad, by your comments. Also, I do not want personal messages from you commenting on others.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 12 August 07 10:57 BST (UK) »
Well there you go,

An interesting family on the 1841 at Corriehill, Hutton and Corrie. A few of the names ring the odd bell, including a John Little, 77, farmer (831 ED 3 Page 9).

It's the only John who might fit but they could be dead by then  Undecided

Gadget

You didn't mention the names on the census. You only said it was an interesting family. As I don't have a copy of the '41 census there was no way I could have known you were talking about the family Reiver provided.

I think you owe Reiver an appology.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 12 August 07 11:32 BST (UK) »
Also:

No. He is head and there is a ?son, James, 35-9 and ?d-in-l, Mary, 35-9 and their children. I'm assuming these relationships because of lack of info on the 1841.

Gadget

The 1841 was available on Freecen which I assumed that you could get yourself as I gave you the reference number. When info is freely available, I do not see the point in typing it out.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 12 August 07 11:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the reminder about Freecen, I had completely forgotten about it. I have tried the site on other occasions and never found what I was looking for. So, I guess I put it out of mind.

I wasn't aware of the number being from Freecen, having never seen one like it before. I assumed it had something to do with a CD you may have had.

Jamjar

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 12 August 07 12:08 BST (UK) »
The Freecen transcriptions are more reliable than the big A ones but I do like to go to the original image when I know I've got a hit - just to make sure.

Also there's the Dum & Gal Historical index  site for the 1851:

http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/historicalindexes/census.aspx

It's a great help. It's possible to collect info on the household once you've got a hit by just putting in the household ref number. I think you can also brows a parish/area which might be really useful for your hunting.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 12 August 07 12:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, I use the 1851, online, regularly. It's great.

Have just been on FreeCEN. I think it's going to be very useful, thank you.

Jamjar