Author Topic: BOISSON in London in 1851 and 1861  (Read 27253 times)

Offline RickDB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BOISSON in London in 1851 and 1861
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 27 November 21 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,
I have a lot of relevant information about our early Boisson ancestors. It would probably be better if I Private Messaged you so we can exchange information. I have many photographs from the 19th century and some of them could be your wife's relatives.
I couldn't find the family tree record that you referred to for "Jean du Boisson" on Ancestry - "du Buisson", a completely different family, is often confused with "du Boisson". I've learned to be very cautious about secondary information posted in family trees, especially if there are no references as to where the information came from.
Regards
Rick Du Boisson

Offline Weaving

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 27 November 21 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rick,
Thx for the feedback and agree about messaging - I could attach the Huguenots of Spitalfields info. I agree about taking care as the Ancestry ref to Jean du Boisson didn't have any actual supporting evidence. Pure conjecture. Otherwise it was finding the two refs to a Jean and John born in the City and Fleet (St?) but then no direct relationship other than the possibility of someone being born around 1690/1700 then being a father of someone born around 1730.
There seem to be very few Boisson as against Buisson - indeed read somewhere that there are only about 6k Boisson living in France today and when you research Boisson as an Huguenot surname it never appears as a mainstream family.
Not sure how we get each other's e mails as new to the site.
Wait to hear thoughts,
Peter

Offline Emmadbs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 16 December 23 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would really like to get in touch with Jill - please can you message me? You wrote to my mother years ago, and sent us a family tree.

Many thanks!

Offline RickDB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 16 December 23 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emma,
Unfortunately, Jill did not respond to my message on RootsChat, so I don't have any contact information. I have quite a bit of correspondence from her to my aunt, but it is all from over twenty ago. If I can help with any research regarding the Boisson family, just let me know.
Regards
Rick Du Boisson