Author Topic: Wylie family in Antrim  (Read 7754 times)

Offline indianlisa22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wylie family in Antrim
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hi James,
Sure hope you're still on here.  My mother is a Wylie. Her Dad my Grandfather was born in Ballymena. They were Brethren's. It seems the history of our family goes from Glasgow to Ballymena and back and forth. I've read multiple posts by you and think we are family.  In particular, you mentioned the Killycowan's. My mom just told me, the Wylie's had a farm at Killycowen. It is still owned by some descendants. Please get in touch with me. Thanks, Lisa

Offline James18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wylie family in Antrim
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 August 20 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi James,
Sure hope you're still on here.  My mother is a Wylie. Her Dad my Grandfather was born in Ballymena. They were Brethren's. It seems the history of our family goes from Glasgow to Ballymena and back and forth. I've read multiple posts by you and think we are family.  In particular, you mentioned the Killycowan's. My mom just told me, the Wylie's had a farm at Killycowen. It is still owned by some descendants. Please get in touch with me. Thanks, Lisa
Lovely to hear from you Lisa - I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. Please do get in touch!
Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire