Author Topic: Oberon Street 1907  (Read 1117 times)

Offline sheila_mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Oberon Street 1907
« on: Friday 10 August 07 20:43 BST (UK) »
Still trying to locate my GGF in Belfast - have now spotted him living on Oberon Street off Cregagh Road in 1907 - any helpful person out there that can tell me which LDS film might contain the census records for this street in 1901? With any luck he will have been there during the census.

Thanks!

sheila_mc
Ward - Belfast, Antrim / Bangor, Down
Bailes - Kensington, London
Domoney - Kensington, London; Shaftsbury, Dorset
Clarke, Creetch - Douglas, Isle Of Man
Kelly - Kirk Michael, Isle of Man

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Oberon Street 1907
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 August 07 16:15 BST (UK) »
The 1907 Belfast street directory is being transcribed and indexed by Mary Lennon on her website, ie www.lennonwylie.co.uk/index.htm . The current entry is Oberon Street which would have been made up in 1906 is

1. Ward, Michael, Street Inspector
   3. Kelling, Ralph, artist
   5. Folley, M. R., school master
   7. Brown, C. N., postman
   9. Tate, David, labourer
 11. Oger, William
                                 ________

2. Higgins, Alex., seaman
   4. McGregor, P., shipwright
   6. Beattie, James B.

The website that has some census is www.belfastfamilyhistory.com/# It contains several mcGregors in 1901 , but none atall in 1911. I realise your GGF may be McWilliams, so I cant help further, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline sheila_mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Oberon Street 1907
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 August 07 18:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jim - that's actually the site where I found my GGF, Michael Ward. Unfortunately, when I searched for the LDS film number on Jean McCarthy's Belfast Street index, that street happens to be blank, so I'm not sure if the film doesn't include that street, or should I just go ahead and order the film that is listed for other streets in Ormeau Ward and hope it's included.
Of course, there's no guarantee that he actually was living at that address during the census, since he also was listed as living on New Street, Ardenlee Avenue and Woodstock Road in subsequent years. I have him on Oberon Street in 1907, and thanks to Anthony, have him on Woodstock Road in 1915, so with any luck, he was at either location in the 1911 Census, if I ever get to see that one.

Sheila_Mc

Ward - Belfast, Antrim / Bangor, Down
Bailes - Kensington, London
Domoney - Kensington, London; Shaftsbury, Dorset
Clarke, Creetch - Douglas, Isle Of Man
Kelly - Kirk Michael, Isle of Man