Author Topic: henry bennett and eleanor coppack  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: henry bennett and eleanor coppack
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 August 07 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Megran and Frankie

I think the parish records route is probably the only way to go. I've PMed Paul and I'm sure he'll check them up for you.

Regards

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 August 07 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi megran and gadget
Thanks for your replies-is it unusual to have to williams -i know some people did it-but maybe the child was so young they did not have a funeral-if maybe a day or two old-i know someone in my family in years gone by who was so poor that their still births were put on the fire as they could not afford burials. I know that sounds horrid-but maybe that kind of thing did happen if children were only a day or two old and they could not afford funerals-what do you think??? Maybe that tale was just an old wives tale because it sounds awful but i dont know-is it as far fetched as it sounds. Yes gadget-paul sounds like a good idea. thanks megran for charles and james and the other burials you sent-have got them-just did not label them correctly on my documents on the computer-think i will print them out and have them in front of me when i post-then i dont get mixed up.
thanks to you all
frankie

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 August 07 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hi megran
Just remembered why i mentioned charles and queried him-on the other web site someone else has got him down as someone else's son-a generation later-maybe william and mary's  -so as their first child born 1819-so they must be getting mixed up-so id better be careful not to copy their tree-will go and check. I suppose its an easy mistake to make if they think that eleanor is past chld baring age and that relationships on the 1841 census are not stated-eleanor would have been 42 ish and 45-50 on having james-which is fairly late on to have children even for those days.
And if they die before 1851 we cant check that either-does it say children of henry and eleanor on the burials-will check to see again waht you sent me before.
regards
frankie

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 August 07 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi again
Just noticed that william and mary were married in 1822-so charles is definatley not their first born and james bit too early maybe-so eleanor probably was obviously still having children late on in her life poor woman and losing them quite young too-the 1840's looked like a sad time for that family with two sons dying . Probably hard for them financially too as they may have thought that two young sons at home would have been helpful for their old age as wage earners. Hope henry did okay at farming. It would be interesting to see if where he farmed was still there-would love to visit wales again-i love it.
regards
frankie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 August 07 23:51 BST (UK) »
The 1840s were a bad time in agriculture, frankie.

I have two or three families in Denbighshire  who suffeed then and ended as ag or general labs  :(

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***