Author Topic: help please  (Read 9280 times)

Offline buddysmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help please
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 July 07 21:38 BST (UK) »
didnt think that rean was a name but thats what it looks like writting is very bad on it . will let you know what it says for sure cant thank you enough for help  will go and order certificate now    Love the wait for new certificates  :D    thanks to you both
eves/eve/ellmer/ elmer/wisdom/isted/stead/page/forster/scott/young/
holmes/chown and many many more

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 August 07 16:35 BST (UK) »
please see - in case you miss the seperate thread

http://tinyurl.com/yo4wtc  :-

hi the Lady's who helped me the other sunday. I got the birth certificate for Walter John eves and i think its the wrong one .  I now have his Father as Richard Eves  Mother  Mary Ann Eves   His father is listed as a Mariner        My james walter john says hes father was John Eves       I have searched for both fathers being sea men and i cant find any that match with the children           HELP PLEASE   
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 06 August 07 07:28 BST (UK) »
Can we have the full details of the birth certificate please?

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline buddysmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 August 07 20:03 BST (UK) »
hi all yes here goes   

20th of September 1863 at 11 Taylor Lane Strood

Walter John 

Father     Richard Eves
Mother   Mary Ann formerly  Page
Occupation    Mariner 
   The mother reg the birth on the 26th of october
This is every thing on certificate  hope this is what you wont.
I have tryed looking for this father on census but cant find him also
My James Walter John should be on 1871 , and 1881, census with parents but only appears when he is Married [1889]
thanks once again will get him in end  ???

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 11 August 07 21:17 BST (UK) »
Well, here's the marriage of Richard EVE to Mary Ann PAGE at Frindsbury, Kent (nr Strood) in 1859:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01tu/

Can anybody find them in 1861 - perhaps working forwards might help ???

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 11 August 07 21:40 BST (UK) »
I'm struggling to find them in 1861. ???
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline buddysmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 11 August 07 22:09 BST (UK) »
hi i have also found Richard Eve getting married to Mary Ann in north aylseford       
Cant seem to link him to james/walter/john /
I have found him on 1901 census being a master of a boat of river medway
[gillingham ]   so have saved that one for moment   Trying to work backwards from that but so far no luck

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 12 August 07 12:00 BST (UK) »
Richard Eve master of a boat in the river Medway in 1901 gives his age as 65 and his birthplace as Faversham.
I think he may be Richard Eve born Boughton aged 13 on the 1851 census. The family is living in Goodnestone near Faversham in 1851. By then Richard's father has died. Also in Goodnestone working as a servant is Frances Eaves aged 16 born Hernhill (all places next to Faversham and not on the IGI or BVRI).
On the 1841 census the family is in Boughton. In the same household with Richard aged 4 is Fanny aged 7. Their father is an ag lab but called Henry unfortunately. Can't prove whether that is his correct name or not. There are two deaths in Faversham registration district one for a William Eve in 1846 (there was a William Eve on the 1841 census, probably Richard's younger brother - who is missing from the 1851 census) and one for a Henry Eves in 1849.
Frances looks to have married John Dowle in 1860 Faversham registration district and consistently gives Goodnestone as her birthplace on all subsequent censuses. She would therefore still be Frances Eve  and could be the witness  on the 1859 marriage.

This Richard Eve is one of two Richard Eves I can see on the 1841 and 1851 censuses in Kent close to the age of the Richard Eve who marries in 1859. This Richard subsequently disappears after the 1851 census so could be the Richard reappearing in 1901 who gives his birthplace as Faversham - near enough place and age wise. He would not however have been aged 20 in 1859 and I can't see why he would have placed himself underage when he was not. Unfortunately there is no mention on Cityark of C19th banns books for Frindsbury so it isn't possible to check who gave their permission for either Richard Eve or Mary Ann Page to marry.

The other Richard Eve is a much better age for the 1859 marriage but chooses instead to marry someone called Amelia Beaumnot in 1857 and goes to live in Plumstead. He also was not a mariner - certainly by 1861 - difficult to know who his father was as he was in a workhouse in 1841.

The only other Richard Eve on the 1851 census close to the necessary age was 13 and born Chadwell Essex. He does have a father called William who was a labourer but he stays in Essex and doesn't become a mariner.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 12 August 07 14:30 BST (UK) »
It may be nothing but there is a baptism for an Elizabeth Mary Ann EVES (no names of parents given) of Taylor's Lane, father a mariner 9 Nov 1860 at Strood.  A note in the margin says deceased.  There is a note at the bottom of the page which looks to be "see EVE page 190).  I was thinking, given the address of Taylor's Lane that this could be the same family BUT page 190 gives the baptisms of Alfred EVE & Robert EVE 25 Nov 1866 parents Robert & Mary Ann EVE of Temple Street, furnace man.

Not much use at present - just thought I'd post in case it comes in useful later

Casalguidi

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk