Author Topic: Missing children  (Read 21685 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing children
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 November 09 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Aghadowey and NA,
                               I would also be very interested in the photograph. I belong to a small group in the Gelvin DED who are researching the history of the older properties in the area with the intention of publishing the information. I am one of those covering Derryork because of several family connections in the townland. I would also be interested in Derryork's short story, especially if it describes growing up in the area. I will happily forward my E-mail address by PM if you agree.

Regards

Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Derryork

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 November 09 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Aghadowey, I think this is my third post - does that mean you are able to send me the photograph of the Collins house?

Many thanks!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 November 09 13:18 GMT (UK) »
At the moment my scanner and computer aren't talking to each other and I have to get out the box of Collins photos but will be in touch soon.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Derryork

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 November 09 13:30 GMT (UK) »
No hurry.  Just whenever you get the chance.  Thank you

Offline Brookfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 01 April 10 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi aghadowey,
This is my Wife's family and I have done a little research :- Sam Collins first wife Mary Jane Gilmour (Gilmore) was born about 1841 in Carnrallagh, Aghadowey, Londonderry to John Gilmore and Mary. She died on January 25, 1887 at Sistrakeel Londonderry, Ireland.
James Collins b. April 1, 1869 Limavady Emigrated to Australia and married there. He returned for a visit after ww2 and returned to Australia. he had no family.
John Gilmour Collins married Maggie J Hazlett September 23,1907 at Adelaide Presbyterian Church, Dublin. Notice of marriage in the Coleraine Chronicle October October 19, 1907. John was Manager of Grocery Firm.
Mary Ann Collins b January 4, 1872
Samuel Collins b. June 27, 1873 Sistrakeel died 1945 Sistrakeel. Married Mary Eliza 'Minnie' Ross 1903. He was the master of Limavady Workhouse.
Sarah Gilmour Collins b. November 12, 1874 Lishokeel? Tamlacht Finlagan, Londonderry. Died July 19, 1954 at 1301 Govan Road, Glasgow, Scotland. She was my wife's grandmother. Sarah married John Joseph Morrow on July 21 1903 in Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly,Londonderry. John was a Sea Captain. Their children    were John,Samuel (twins) Mary Gilmour, James Collins, Margaret Matilda and William.

Hope this helps

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 April 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
Lovely to hear from another relative. I have found more information in the last few years which I would be happy to share.

Mary Jane (Gilmore) Collins also had-
-John Gilmore COLLINS born 1 Apr.1869 Sistrakeel (twin with James) died 14 Aug.1875.
-Next son (born 20 Jan.1871, died before 1875?) was given same name.
-Margaret born 2 June 1878 died after 1903.
-Agnes Rachel born 9 Dec.1879.
-Edith Alice born 8 July 1881. Known as Alice, was a nurse?, married & had at least 3 children. To Canada?

Sam and Minnie (she died after 1957 I think)had no family.

Sarah Gilmour Collins (also born Sistrakeel) m. Captain Morrow- we have photos sent back to Carnrallagh from Scotland of some of them.

From the 2nd marriage were David Pollock (1889), Charlotte Matilda (d.y.), Matilda (c1893), Hannah (c1895), possibly others.

Once you've made a few posts you can use PM (personal message) system to exchange other details, email addresses, etc.

Offline Brookfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 April 10 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey,
Good to hear from you, I believe that Agnes Rachel married a Leslie Irwin of Gelvin. He was a widower and they emigrated to Canada. 1911 census has her residing with her brother David in Derryork. So must have gone to Canada after 1911.
Later

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 01 April 10 17:47 BST (UK) »
Edith Alice Collins married (1908) Leslie Irwin of Ballyness. I know of 3 children born 1909-1919 before they left. Will have to see if I managed to find any trace of them in Canadian records.

Offline Gortinanima

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 01 April 10 17:55 BST (UK) »

Sorry to but into this post but I have a Mary Collins married 1868 to William McClurg [b 1831] of Templemoyle,
Bovevagh - any connection?