Author Topic: Elizabeth EGERTON born about 1785 in Highworth Wiltshire  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth EGERTON born about 1785 in Highworth Wiltshire
« on: Monday 13 August 07 13:15 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the parents of Elizabeth Egerton b. 1785 in Highworth Wiltshire.  She married Charles Tubb (of Hungerford) in Hungerford in 1813 and died there in1868.  As far as I know they had one daughter Jane Tubb.

Can anyone help?
Regards, Abiam

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth EGERTON born about 1785 in Highworth Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 August 07 03:06 BST (UK) »
I've answered a similar enquiry elsewhere but for those interested in Highworth baptisms and marriages of similar period they feature in the Hugh Wallis website: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/

In order not to limit yourselves to one surname, once you've selected the County, Parish and Batch No., leave the surname search box blank and click 'Submit Query' button.  Moving through the alphabetic pages, in this particular case, the most likely variant surnames are EDGINTON/EDGINGTON - bearing in mind the effects of broad Wiltshire dialect on Berkshire folk.   ;D  These would have been missed by searching for the name EGERTON alone.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk