Author Topic: finding wedding certificate  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: finding wedding certificate
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 August 07 22:25 BST (UK) »
the only thing about jane being her sister is if charlottes parents are janes that means they were both 14yrs old when they had her

Maths!  In 1851 12-year-old Charlotte is living with her sister 26-yr-old Jane.   In 1841 Charlotte is 3 and living with her parents William (40) and Elizabeth (40) - ages in 1841 rounded down to the nearest 5 years which means they could have been anything from 40-44. Jane was probably the eldest child of William & Eliz. and working away from home in 1841 aged abt 16.  So even if they were both 40 in 1841 they would have had Jane at aged 24!  That's why I suggested Jane's marriage cert to confirm William as her father, but it looks a very strong possibility to me.

Barbara   :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 August 07 23:23 BST (UK) »
Charlotte's parents in 1851:
HO107/2282 fol.240 p.39
Lunds Green, Pannal, Low Harrogate, Yorkshire
William Morrill head mar 51 Ag. Labourer   Pannal, Yorks
Elizabeth  "    wife   mar 54                        Bishop Monkton, Yorkshire
Elizabeth  "    daur           8                        Pannal, Yorks
(so another sister for Charlotte)

next door, possibly William's brother:
Samuel Morrill head mar 45 Ag. Labourer
Martha     "      wife  mar 46
John         "      son           5
George     "        "             3
Ann          "   grandaur      2
all born Pannal

www.familysearch.org has the following Morell baptisms, all with parents William and Elizabeth:

Jane 12 Dec 1824 Bedale (this fits with her birthplace of Crake Hills 1851 census which will be Crakehall near Bedale)
John 22 Jul 1827 Bedale
William 28 Apr 1830 Pannal
Samuel 30 Dec 1832 Pannal
Rebecca 23 Aug 1835 Pannal

They also have a couple of marriages for a William Morrell to an Elizabeth in 1820, one is at Thirsk which is near Elizabeth's birthplace Bishop Monkton, but you'd need Charlotte's birth cert for the maiden name for Elizabeth.

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 August 07 23:48 BST (UK) »
think i need to go back to school  ;D thanks ever so much barbara i will send for cert for jane looks like its them ,just thinking if they named the children after grandparents perhaps arthur is the father of john rollinson but i think i'll stay with the morrells for now arthur can be my next project  :)
cath
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 August 07 23:55 BST (UK) »
Just sorry I can't find John Rollinson anywhere, or the marriage!

Barbara  ???

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 August 07 10:00 BST (UK) »
hi barbara
        just thought i'd let you know ,i found jane morrell in 1841 under a spelling error she is on the same page as charlotte and family ,she is next door (can't read the address)working as a F L which i am guessing was female labourer  :)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 August 07 10:06 BST (UK) »
Think that settles that, then, well done, Jane's address is Pannal House, rest of it is the same as I gave you for the rest of the family!

I would think Charlotte's birth cert would be the best thing to get next

Pannal is near Knaresborough, this may be Charlotte's birth registration:
Jun Quarter 1838 Knaresborough 23/276 Charlotte Merrell

Good luck, Barbara

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 August 07 09:19 BST (UK) »
hi barbara just thought i'd pop on and tell you got charlottes birth cert this morning her parents were william and elizabeth (howarth) william was a farmer thanks again for all your help
cath

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 August 07 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Cath,

Thanks for that, it's always good to know when something has been sorted out. 

Unfortunately the marriages I suggested for Charlotte's parents don't fit Elizabeth's surname.  There is a marriage on IGI for the Samuel I found living next door to William in 1851- Samuel Morrell to Martha Winterburn 23 Sep 1828 Pannal, but not one for William.

Still doesn't get you any further forward with Charlotte's marriage though, it's quite a puzzle isn't it?  Where was John Rollinson in 1871?

Barbara

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 24 August 07 14:20 BST (UK) »
john was living in whitton park in durham in 1871 his surname was spelt rollinson he had a son called john born abt 1864 in whitton but i cant find his birth neither ,been through the births on ancestry for 1863 -1865 .one bit of good news the family i found on GenesReunited is charlottes family but they dont have any more info on charlotte as to her marriage will check that see if william had a brother called samuel