Author Topic: John Paschal, Uppington - 1664  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Nantwich-Newsagent

• RootsChat Extra
  • A Barony born Dabber
    • View Profile
John Paschal, Uppington - 1664
« on: Thursday 16 August 07 12:53 BST (UK) »
I'm fairly confident that (largely using the IGI) I've traced my Pascall line back to John Paschal who was born in Uppington in 1664. Also that:

21.02.1689 John married Bridget Thomas (dob 1668, also Uppington) in Uppington
Sept 1693 Melchisedech Pascall born (Preston upon the Weald Moors)
April 1699 John Pascall born (Preston upon the Weald Moors)

Now I'm stuck with the line -
I suspect that John's parents moved into the area from the South sometime pre-1664. There seem to be plenty of Paschals in Essex, Dover and Bristol in the 16th and 17th centuries.

Can anyone help me with the missing link?
Pascall, Paschal, Proctor, Oakes, Heath, Atherton, Cooke, Sumner, Latham, Pickering, Redfern, Gresty, Hall, Salmon, Daniels, Wood, Minshall, Bebbington, Burgess, Ravenscroft, Blackmore, Dean, Ellis, Woodfield, Bourne, Wild, Nunelly, Bettley, Potts, Forster, Booth, Asten, Moumfield, Bebbington, Jones, Huxby, Johnson, Thomas, Wilkinson, Barker, Amerie, Whalley, Caldey

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Paschal, Uppington - 1664
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 August 07 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Nantwitch.

I got the Uppington records here,  but I cant find a birth of your John in them,  I can find the marrage but no birth,  I used the wildcard spelling so as not to miss any,

John  Pas**************

There is no birth listed in the Litchfield diocese records using the above anywhere near your John,  I see the record of the marriage on the I.G.I  is a submitted record not an extracted one,  they have the marriage right, but as for john coming from Uppington,?

Best wishes
Pete :) :)

Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline Nantwich-Newsagent

• RootsChat Extra
  • A Barony born Dabber
    • View Profile
Re: John Paschal, Uppington - 1664
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 August 07 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Pete,

Many thanks for looking into this for me.

I'm fairly new to ancestry research processes so am not quite sure which Uppington/Lichfield records you've been looking at for me. But you do seem fairly sure that John wasn't born in Uppington. Running with this I bring forward my belief that the Paschals were Uppington incomers to John rather than the generation before.

Assuming John was born elsewhere I did an IGI-wide search on his name/1664 dob with a 5 year margin of error. This produced:

1. John Paschall
Birth: Before 1661 , , England
2. Johannes Paschall
Christening: 02 FEB 1663 Leominster, Hereford, England
3. John Paschal
Birth: About 1664 Of, Uppington, Shropshire, England
4. John Paschal
Birth: About 1664 Of, Uppington, Shropshire, England
5. JOHN PASCALL
Christening: 25 APR 1667 Holy Cross, Pershore, Worcester, England

Now for various reasons I think no.2 is my best bet. Excluding 3 and 4 (the original source data, but we now seriously doubt Uppington) Johannes has both the best date and seems closest to his future bride (a fairly direct 40 mile journey away) - plus 5 seems to have prematurely lost his middle 'h'.

So for the time being I'm going with Johannes, son of Giulielmi and Janae Paschall. Guilielmi and Roberti (his brother?) seem to be part of a Paschall family group in Leominster around the mid 17th century.

Apart from the fact I'm a bit stuck again now, and may have made a mistake throught certain assumptions (?), does anyone think Giulielmi/Johannes and Roberti sound Italian?

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks again Pete - NN
Pascall, Paschal, Proctor, Oakes, Heath, Atherton, Cooke, Sumner, Latham, Pickering, Redfern, Gresty, Hall, Salmon, Daniels, Wood, Minshall, Bebbington, Burgess, Ravenscroft, Blackmore, Dean, Ellis, Woodfield, Bourne, Wild, Nunelly, Bettley, Potts, Forster, Booth, Asten, Moumfield, Bebbington, Jones, Huxby, Johnson, Thomas, Wilkinson, Barker, Amerie, Whalley, Caldey