Author Topic: 1841 census lookup request  (Read 1839 times)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup request
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 August 07 00:12 BST (UK) »
Pretty sure that it says "West End" around p3, (before all the contd...)

Sorry, wrong one wasn't it... :-[
http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=7619&path=Bedfordshire.Cranfield.ALL.2.11&rc=&zp=75

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 August 07 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline,

Not to worry - and thanks for that link, much easier to do it that way than trying to cut & post an image as I tried to do.  (Apparently you can't paste images on lookup boards, just County Boards)

I paged back from the page 20 entry to the one you've linked to and as I said, couldn't read it  ::)  I scrolled back further, many more 'cont'd's, that enumerator needs to be sacked!  Then I tried to check it on the enumeration page and that just says:
'All that part of the parish comprising the West Side of Tartlett End, the west side of Merchant Lane, Wharley, Grove Farm, Crosslands, Leys Farm, Conns Farm, Broughton Lodge, Strouds Farm, Far Woodend, Woodend and Dodswell'

Take your pick, Trisha  ;)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 August 07 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
many thanks,,
Trisha ;D ;D ;D