Author Topic: Mckay/Stewart/McIntosh/Cramb/Hall  (Read 1745 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mckay/Stewart/McIntosh/Cramb/Hall
« on: Friday 17 August 07 02:20 BST (UK) »
Need Help - Cannot find death record of my g/grandparents.
James McKay born Port of Menteith Kilmadock in 1851 wife Jean Stewart nee Ferguson born 1854.
They appear in the 1901 census at Cairston Farm Cottage Dunblane and he is listed as a shepherd.
Have written to all McKay's in Dunblane with no luck  :'( can someone help, there are no records in Scotland's People either and have spent a fortune in credits.
On the maternal side - my grandmother was Charlotte Hall born Alva in 1888 she married Alexander McKay in Dunblane in 1910 there were three sisters, Isabella Cramb Hall Alva 1882, Robina Sneddon Hall Alva 1884, Christine Alva 1886.  The problem is their mother Isabella Robertson dob 1860 at Fife, died in 1890 Stirlingshire and the girls split up..I know about my grandmother of course and her sister Christine but have no information re Robina..the other sister Isabella married a William Dryburgh in Alva in 1905 can any one help with descendents etc.  My grandmother was brought up by her great aunt Agnes McIntosh nee Cramb in Dunblane and I am having problems sorting that lot out as well on the 1901 census cannot work out who are the children of Agnes and Peter Mcintosh..it's all very confusing..please help ..Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline ausjan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mckay/Stewart/McIntosh/Cramb/Hall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 April 08 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello pat
I can help out with the Maternal side and I will have a look and see if I can find the Mckay side for you.
Will get back here when I have it in order
Jan
Cromb, Cram, Cramb & Varients Worldwide
Gilchrist - Scotland & Ireland
Ing - England & Australia
Ing(e) John Born 1858 Euroa vanished Sale Vic 1903
Bovaird - Ireland