Author Topic: Lazarus Hiscock  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Acer26599

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lazarus Hiscock
« on: Friday 17 August 07 09:58 BST (UK) »
I am trying to get details of my 5 x Great Grandfather, LAZARUS HISCOCK.

I have no dates for him other than his second marriage to Elizabeth King 25 July 1778 in Gillingham, Dorset. It is possible his first marriage was to Ann Hunt (3/2/1749 Stour Provost, Dorset), which would make a possible birth date 1730.

I have tried all the usual Dorset online archives and IGI records but draw a blank for this Lazarus.

There are 2 who died in infancy (Jan to Feb 1757 and Apr 1768 to Dec 1769 - sons of William and Susannah Hiscock) and a later Lazarus Hiscock, who emmigrated to the US as recorded on the 1880 US census.

Any suggestions / help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks  :D
Jenkins, Jones and Snooks  - Rhondda Valley
Manning and Bentley - Rugby
Branston and Facer - Rugby and Northants
Hiscock and Sanger - Dorset
Arthur and Badger - Shropshire
Startin and Miles - Leicestershire

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lazarus Hiscock
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 September 07 08:37 BST (UK) »
the only help i can give is that william hiscock married a susannah hunt baptised 18/10/1733 stour provost, daughter of martin and jane  hunt.
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline captmorgan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 April 08 21:21 BST (UK) »
Acer26599

It's been a long time since you posted this inquiry.  I don't know if you will ever see this message, but I only discovered this site today.
As to my 6x great grandfather Lazarus, you are welcome to visit my website HARRIS-SCAMMELL-HISCOCK-FAMILY on MYHERITAGE.COM for additional history.  (Search site listing for HARRIS only.)  It's a new project, so if you can add any information to our family, please feel free to contact me, the webmaster.

Gary Smith

Offline Brian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 July 11 09:44 BST (UK) »
Just found his Will:

In the Name of God Amen I Lazarus Hiscock of the Parish of Stower Provost in the County of Dorset yeoman being in health of Body and of a Sound Mind Memory and Understanding thanks be to God Do make this my last Will and Testament in manner following (that is to say) First I give to my Daughter Mary wife of John Mead One Shilling to be paid her in one month after my Decease Also I give and bequeath unto my Loving Wife Elizabeth All and Singular my Goods Chattals Stock in Husbandry Rights Credits Effects and Personal Estate whatsoever I may dye possessed of or any ways entitled unto at the time my Decease To hold to her and to own use and benefit for her and during her natural life or untill she shall intermarry with any other man and after her Decease or intermarriage as aforesaid I give the same To my two Sons William and Edward equally between them Share and Share alike And Lastly I do make Ordain Constitute and appoint my said loving Wife Elizabeth whole and Sole Executrix of this my last Will and Testament ratifying and Confirming this to my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand and Seal this First Day of July in the Year of our Lord One thousand Seven Hundred and Eight Three
Signed Sealed Published and Declared by the Testator Lasarus Hiscock as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request and in his Presence have set our names as Witness
James Green
Agatha London
Michl London

1796 May 28th Elizabeth Hiscock the Executrix within named was duly sworn well and faithfully to administer all and singular the goods Chattels and Credit of her late Husband and to render and pass a just Account of the same etc in common Force
Effects under three hundred Pounds
Saunders  Norfolk and Suffolk.  Barkway and Barkaway - anywhere.
Mottershall anywhere
Ellis Clerkenwell/Camberwell
Saunders, Woodrow, Leggett, Potter Norfolk
Stacey, Booth, Pennington, Graham, Bennett, Hall, Mawson West Yorkshire
Cooper Cheshire/West Yorkshire
King, Sanger, Hiscock, Gray Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire
Barton, Ivett, Minns Cambridgeshire
Palfrey Suffolk
Cox, Crew, Burry Middlesex/Hertfordshire
Burrows Essex