Author Topic: Pretty Star  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Geoff of Devon

• I have turned off notifications of new replies to my posts.
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Star
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 December 04 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Now Hack is our little ray of sunshine and no longer a "chocolate carving". That's good otherwise the carving would melt in his rays   ;) ;D
All lookups are crown copyright

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 December 04 16:02 GMT (UK) »
It's lovely Hack, I will have a go when I get back home.  Now then did you want to know how to get animated Smilies up?  Matty and I are your girls  ;D  Can't do it from here though, will have to wait til I get home.  Hence the absence of Christmassy animations, this computer is obviously out of the Ark and on a time clock....still I'm not knocking it ... I'd go spare without it.

Su  ;) ::) 8)
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 December 04 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Su - no I am all through with smilies. I have this terrific star that Moscan made and it is all mine ..my precious...my precious 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geoff of Devon

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 December 04 17:50 GMT (UK) »
GOLUM......Watched the new special extended set the last three nights (all eleven hours worth). :o LOTS of new footage and better than the original. Still can't beat the book though.

Tolkein is TOPS  :D

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 December 04 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Geoff - that reminds me of the story of the 2 goats on a rubbish tip. One was chomping on a reel of cine film. His mate asked what he was eating. "The Godfather" he replied. "Any good" asked Billy. "Not as good as the book" he said. :D :D :D
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geoff of Devon

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 December 04 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Hack, you kill me  ;D  ;D  ;D

Almost laughed as much as when I was playing Santa yesterday at the local department store (normal Santa was taken ill at the last minute). I asked one little girl what she wanted for Christmas and she said a Duck!!!! She thought I meant what did she want to eat !!!!!!  :D  ;D

Think I had better be more specific next time, as in what presents do you want for Xmas!

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 19 December 04 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Duck you said. I will tell you about ducks. Long ago, when the hills and I were both young I was in the army and had no duty on a weekend. I was  a bit of a card player and the padre mentioned that they had a Whist Drive in the nearby village of Bishops Cannings "with very good prizes". So I went. It was Veni,vidi,vici and I won first prize. It was 2 live ducks! They were given to me with their heads trussed back so as to keep them immobile. I tried hard to give them away but eventually realised that I had to take them away - I would give them to the cook corporal and we could have a special Sunday lunch in the sergeants mess. But, there was no way I was walking in past the guardroom with two ducks so I decided to take a route across Roundway Hill and so enter the billet area directly. As I was about to cross the third field [it was nearly pitch-dark] I came across a lass of about 17 crying her eyes out. "What's the matter" I asked. "Well, zor, that field has a big bull and oim afraid to cross". "Have no fear" said I, "I have spent years on a cattle farm and bulls have no fears for me. Cross with me and you will be safe". She brightened up and we set off and about 50 yards into the field she burst into tears again. "What on earth is the matter now" I cried. "Well zor oim afraid that if we go further in to this field you might molest oi". "Molest you" I screamed, "molest you - with a live duck under each arm"? "Well zor" she said "Oi could 'old the ducks". ;) ;D 8)