Author Topic: Mathematical instrument apprentice  (Read 4556 times)

Offline sals

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mathematical instrument apprentice
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 May 12 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Richard Glassey Smith & Ellen Eliza Swann were my GG grandparents. I have  gone back a number of generations from them.

Richard Glassey Smiths parents were Father: Samuel Smith Mother: Jane Glassey. Ellen Eliza Swanns parents were Charles Douglas Swann  & Caroline Styles.

Do you have an ancestry.com account? I have a tree on ancestry that shows all the information back a few generations including photos etc. Alternatively if you provide me with your email address I could send you an guest invite to the tree so that you can view my tree on ancestry.

Regards
Sally

Offline Hallsmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 07:00 BST (UK) »
Thankyou, Sally, for your response.  We obviously share the same GG Grandparents.  I am thru their daughter Ada Smith. I have some documentation prepared by her nephew, Carl Perry, son of Lucy nee Smith.
I do not yet have an ancestry.com account.  How do I get my email address to you without putting it up for public view?

Regards
Hallsmith

Offline Cygnet2Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallsmith
Send a Personal Message. See 'Help' for how to.
I've been looking for Hodsons in Liverpool, wife Mary Hodson,  of Thomas Swann, the Quadrant Maker.
The only possible I found, Constantine Hodson, wife also Mary. I found out via Google that he was a ship's captain, sailing from Maryland to Liverpool on The Rosendale. Cargo not known to Captain Hodson! They did have a daughter Mary, but not sure dates would fit Mary Hodson (Swann)
Does anyone have info??
Jean

Offline trevorj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 May 20 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi all descendants of Thomas SWANN,

Like you, I'm a descendant of his. Thomas is my 3xgt g/father; Charles Douglas my 2xgt. g/f, his dau. Jessie Alice (who married Thomas Withnall PRINCE, making me a Swan(n) Prince <g>.
Charles Douglas's youngest sister married William Shaw SIMPSON (1829-1883) of 'Simpson Bowl' fame.
I've been at this game for some 30 years now, so I have quite a bit on L'pool SWANNs but I have never been confident of the parents of Thomas SWANN (c1766-1839), though I have a photo of one of his instruments.
Happy to swap information.
Trevor

Offline Cygnet2Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 May 20 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor. I assume you are the same Trevor that I know? Long time no hear!
I have found more about Thomas fairly recently. Get in touch!
Jean