Author Topic: Great War Forum  (Read 1047 times)

Offline rhoosesue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Great War Forum
« on: Sunday 19 August 07 10:33 BST (UK) »
Can anyone who is subscribed to the Great War Forum tell me what the time scale is between being accepted as a member and being able to post messages? I was accepted as a member a few days ago and can log in successfully and read postings, but cannot answer posts, send private messages or contact administrators. As I registered with the forum purely to contact the author of a posting, found via Google, to tell him that I am in contact with someone who has a photograph of the soldier concerned, and can get his family back several generations, this is frustrating to say the least!
Chandler (Kent), Philbrook (Essex), Blacklock and McKenzie (London), Poynton (Leicestershire), Sinclair (Caithness) Ross and Mather (Sutherland)
1820 Settlers to South Africa (James' Party)
Gilstain - Worldwide

Offline themonsstar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Great War Forum
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 August 07 12:51 BST (UK) »
I did not no there was time scale between being accepted as a member & being able to log on & post.

If you pm me with you message & your E-mail I will pass it onto the author of the posting, until you get it sorted.

Offline rhoosesue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 August 07 13:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you. Knew Rootschat would come up trumps! Will get my notes together and send you a pm later today
Chandler (Kent), Philbrook (Essex), Blacklock and McKenzie (London), Poynton (Leicestershire), Sinclair (Caithness) Ross and Mather (Sutherland)
1820 Settlers to South Africa (James' Party)
Gilstain - Worldwide

Offline bernard_lewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 August 07 19:06 BST (UK) »
I think that this rule is to prevent people registering and then posting spam. I don't think the 'probationary' period is very long. If you like, send me a personal message in a couple of days if you're still stuck and I'll maybe ask the question/post the info for you.

Bernard
Author 'Swansea and the Workhouse - the Poor Law in 19th century Swansea' (2003); 'Swansea Pals - the 14th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment in the Great War' (2004); 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Swansea''. (2009); 'Swansea in the Great War' ( 2014); 'Neath! Neath! Neath! The Record-Breaking 1988/89 Season' (2016). My blog: https://bernardlewisauthor.wordpress.com/