Author Topic: What Happend to Thomas NEWTON?  (Read 21953 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What Happend to Thomas NEWTON?
« Reply #153 on: Thursday 27 September 07 08:54 BST (UK) »
i got lost at the beginning of this thread but have been reading it regularly and that does sound promising. fingers crossed

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Thursday 27 September 07 09:37 BST (UK) »
Looks like this chap on ancestry has the same marriage - the one we found After first two children were born. But I wonder if he has found anything different in the years after her marriage!

by the way - Findmypast used to be 1837online. It is a pay to view site - so if you aint paid you wont view!
but it does, I believe have the Marine deaths on it. So if anyone reading this has access, we'd love you to look for a Thomas Newton dying between the 1871 census (when he was at home with his wife and two children, though he had only married her in Feb that year..)  and 1873 when Mary, calling herself a widow, married hubby number 2, Charles Mumford.
Or if anyone is going to the FRC and can look in the giant Marine Deaths book there.
Thanks.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Thursday 27 September 07 10:12 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Thursday 27 September 07 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Girls

ooo VAL ; That sounds like a definite 'hit' ...I am sure that he is related ...hopefully he will have more info and maybe will be able to clear up the matter on what happened to dear Thomas Newton ...keep us posted !

deb  :)
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Girls
Have been away for weekend so not done much.
Have contacted the above and are waiting for the reaserch he has done he is in New Zealand will keep you all posted.

Val
NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Monday 07 January 08 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb and everyone connected eith this thread

Just recaping about thomas newton death Radford Nottingham
I am now certain that this death of smallpox was our Thomas if you look at 1861 Cencus we have Thomas living in District of Radford with brother Edwin and Mother Grace Wells and John Wells Stepfather and a Winfield John, Have no idea why he was miner at this time but only married just about a year to Mary maybe he went backto find work. Perhaps did not want to contiue with sea.
Maybe I could have your thoughts on this!!

Happy new Year
Val

NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Offline Dutchgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Saturday 29 December 12 20:41 GMT (UK) »
I have just started following this thread and find we are researching the same people.
My husbands Grandmother is Nellie Bennett (married name Sherrell of Brantford Ontario Canada) daughter of Mary Bennett (Blackler)
I know birth certificates have been requested and received.  Does anyone have a copy of the Birth Certificate for Nellie Bennett.  On paper she is showing as the daugher of Mary, BUT on her marriage certificate she shows her mother as Sarah Susan Jane Newton.  Sorry to put a little more spice in the pot, but we are not done yet :)

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My records show Sarah Susan Jane Newton she was 19 married Thomas Haslam 30 in 1887 and had 1 daughter Grace Ann Haslam. In 1905 she was a widow and married again to Herbert Maidment Sarah died in 1913 age 42. Daughter Grace Ann married in 1910 to Francis Albert Fudge. I cant see any evidence that she was the mother of Nellie Bennett. I will still keep looking though.

Val