Author Topic: Fearn  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Fearn
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 August 07 19:04 BST (UK) »
Well, it's always best to check your info with relatives first!!  :D

Do you need any further information or have you got all you need now?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline sswarby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 August 07 14:56 BST (UK) »
Still can't get any further record for William Fearn b 1845 Rawmarsh,Rotherham,Yorkshire married  to Mary Ford b 1849 same area. His son was also a William b 8 May 1871 Rawmarsh d 13 Feb 1958 Leicester. Can you help?

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 25 August 07 15:18 BST (UK) »
Is this the couple and family I gave you in 1871 & 1891 census?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline sswarby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 25 August 07 16:12 BST (UK) »
unfortunately can't tell as there seems to be a lot of William in that family

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 25 August 07 16:18 BST (UK) »
I asked, because unless you know who put that tree together it's not a reliable way to do your family research.  The only mention I can see for a Mary Ford is on the IGI and that's a member-submitted entry, so needs to be confirmed by finding the marriage (I can't see one).

I thought you were trying to go back from Clifford, and if you do, it seems very likely that the two Williams you mention are the two William/Mary families I gave you in the 1871/1891 census.

You really need to get some certificates, starting with Clifford's birth cert, then his parents' marriage cert, then his father's birth cert, etc, because otherwise it's just guesswork.

Barbara  :)

Offline sswarby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 August 07 16:53 BST (UK) »
This tree was given to me by my paternal cousin at www.familysearch.org.
Clifford Fearn b. 23/11/1896/Rawmarsh,Rotherham,Yorkshire/d.02/12/1961/m.Beatrice Ellen Liptrott/b.23/11/1900/Denholme/Yorshire/d.24/02/1957/Bradford
William  Fearn b. 6 /5/1871/Rawmarsh/ d. 23 /2/1958/Leicester
Harriet Price b. 1873 Rawmarsh
(This is true as my Mum remembers Clifford died the day she brought me back from Hong kong when I was adopted and Grandfather William's death as it coincided with her wedding to his Grandson (also William).)
William Fearn b.1845 m Mary Ford b. 1849