Author Topic: RIPLEY Methodist Church  (Read 21500 times)

Offline Tim Fellows

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RIPLEY Methodist Church
« Reply #36 on: Monday 24 March 14 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Kia Ora Tim
Wonder where you fit into Tree? Thomas Fairey fell off the Butterley Ironworks building a few days before Christmas 1892 leaving a wife and 9 children.
I have collected info on the Fairy/Fairey clan for 20+ years and this winter will be publishing  THE BOOK! The family actually went to Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa!
Do you wish to add anything from your connection??
THANK SUZARD!!
Regards
Marlene

I'm the grandson of one of Elizabeth Fairey's daughters, Rita. Elizabeth is the daughter of Fanny and Thomas.

I'll send you a PM with exact details.

Tim

Offline Dale

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Received Tim! Will reply shortly
Regards
Marlene
HUNTS: Fairy, Ding, Scotney, Swinton, Burgess, Brace
BEDS: Farey, Fairy,  Young, Rootham, Gell, Wildman, Cooper. Deighton, Flavel.
NORTHANTS: Hills, Mobbs, Twelftrees,
DERBY: Fairey,
LONDON: Fairey, Fairy, Burgess, Williams, Tanser, Picknell, Vinall, Plampin, Mullins, Day, Folwell, Bamfield, Brown
WATFORD HERTS; Burgess, Williams
WARKS: Fairy, Ward, Stephens, Reeves, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Hunt, Edgeworth, Harper, Dudley,
WORCS: Callow, Lowe

Offline Erica1980

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 14 March 21 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Last one -found so far!!

The Gazette Friday 9th June 1933
FAIREY-WATSON
Miss Evelyn Annie Watson, the eldest daughter of Mr and mrs T Watson of 15 beighton St Ripley, was married on Monday at Ripley parish Church to Mr Chas. henry Fairey, the youngest son of mr and mrs G. Fairey of Pease Hill Rd Ripley. The Rev. H. Corbyn Adams officiated. The attire of the bride was of white Malika, trimmed with silk lace and brilliante. She wore a wreath and veil of orange blossom, kindly lent by mrs Murphy, a friend., and carried a sheath of lilies. Her bridesmaids were Misses

Kathleen M Watson (sister) and Ada Holbrook (friend). Miss Watson wore a dress of sunrise satin, and had a bouquet of white carnations and red roses. Mis Holbrook wore  a dress of blue silk, and had a bouquet of blue irises. Both wore black picture hats and shoes to tone. The best man was Richard Wright, a friend of the bridegroom. The bride was given away by her father. From her workmates at the british celanese works at Spondon, the bride received a salad bowl and service. About 40 guests were entertained at the home of the bride's parents after the ceremony.

That's it for now -will PM you

Suz
This is so strange! I just typed a name into google and this popped up this is the wedding on My Grandmas sister who I am retracing to
Paternal side,
Challenger Clutton Somerset England
Painter, Derbyshire

Maternal.
Callaghan, Nuneaton Lancashire, Ireland.
Howe, Nuneaton