Author Topic: reilly family of castletown kilberry  (Read 5452 times)

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
reilly family of castletown kilberry
« on: Tuesday 28 August 07 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Wondering if anybody can help to trace the Reilly family of Castletown Kilberry Co Meath.
They lived there in the late 1800's, The birth certificates and marriage licence state that William was a farmer / land agent. His wife was Clare and they had three children Alice, Born 9th .04 . 1869  Josephine Born 2nd .04 1871 and James Joseph Born 11th .05 1875.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you Cosmo

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: reilly family of castletown kilberry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 22:08 BST (UK) »
IGI also lists a son Bernard born 8 Apr.1864 Castletown dist. (mother Clara Cummins).
Have you found family in 1901 census? (presuming they were still in Ireland) although the children are quite possibly married or moved away from home. 1901 census avalaible to order from your local LDS library (for a small fee).
Have you found William Reilly in Griffith's Valuation? Not sure of the dates for that area but it might list the townland.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: reilly family of castletown kilberry
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 07 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for adding Bernard to the family I was looking for a marriage after 1866 assuming that Alice was the eldest child now I shall have to go to NLI and do a search of church records. I was looking  for a daughter named Clare however maybe Josephine's second name was Clare and she was known by it, she was my grandmother. Everything else fits her father was William Reilly, she had a sister Alice, and her cousins were a family from Baganelstown called Kearney their mother was a Pauline Cummins seems like a sister to Clara Cummins wife of said William.