Author Topic: McGeorge/Dalziel/Frazer  (Read 1200 times)

Offline MSTURMEY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McGeorge/Dalziel/Frazer
« on: Tuesday 28 August 07 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,
Trying to find out about two men in my family tree.   Both of them called Thomas.   No. 1 is Thomas Dalziel and No. 2 is Thomas Frazer.   They were both married to Jean McGeorge who was born in Dumfries in 1792.   Married First husband Dalziel in 1824 and second husband Frazer in 1842.   Can't find any record of her death or the death of either of her husbands.   She had a daughter Mary Dalziel born about 1828 who had an illegitimate son Thomas who was born about 1848.
Any information of any of the above would be extremely helpful and I would be so grateful if you could get back to me.   Thanks - MSTURMEY

Offline MSTURMEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McGeorge/Dalziel/Frazer
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 22:06 BST (UK) »
MSTURMEY - Me again

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]Another interesting peice in my family tree.   George McGeorge was killed off the coast of Trinidad in the West Indies 11.07.1799.   He was married to Mary Byers.   What was a man from Dumfries doing in the West Indies?   Imagination running riot here - but was there a slave trade from this part of the country?   There is a lovely headstone in the small churchyard at Applegarth in Dumfrieshire with the above information on it, together with other interesting snippets about the rest of his family.[/color]

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 August 07 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
It looks like Jane Fraser was still alive in the 1881 census,. There is a Jane Fraser born Applegarth 1792 a Soldiers Widow living at Eaglesfield, Parish of Middlebie, Dumfriesshire. Only person in household. Also, a Jane Fraser died in 1887, age 96 in the Parish of Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire
There is also a death of a Thomas Fraser age 62 in 1867 also in the Parish of Lochmaben. Both these deaths are from Scotlandspeople so it might be worthwhile getting the certificates.
Andy

Offline MSTURMEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 August 07 17:17 BST (UK) »
Yes Andy, I'm sure you're right.   I have found the Scotlands People site very helpful in the past.   I'm sure I must have spent a small fortune on the pay as you view site.   However, if it produces results it's worth it.   Thanks again for your help.   MSTURMEY.