Author Topic: Middle East Forces & Royal Navy Papers Help  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Rosedale

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Middle East Forces & Royal Navy Papers Help
« on: Wednesday 29 August 07 14:05 BST (UK) »
Looking through some old stuff and come across a Christmas Card for a Mrs K Rosedale. The front says "Greeting from His Majesty's Middle East Forces" - Christmas 1843, "From your Loving Brother". I believe the brother would have been Arthur Wood(1913, from Flintshire)  (though I've been told that a Charlie served in the middle east in the past or so I'm guessing. He was at the treaty signing with Japan?) Any idea how I can find more info online?

I also have some other papers on the Royal Navy these being "certificate of service" and "Vocational Training Certificate" for Kenneth Rosedale. He was on countless ships from 26Jan 1943 until 1946. It has that he was "Physically Unfit" (I can't read the rest). On the first there's lots of different codes e.g. WSI(3) and AFO5250/42. Any particular websites I can go to for information on these?

Also it has information that he had a scar on the right side of his head but in later life was missing three fingers  :o  I'm guessing he did this whilst in service and possibly why he was "Physically Unfit" - Wonder how he did that.

Here's a picture of him (will post documents if necessary):
Flintshire - Hughes, Price, Simon, Messham, Griffiths, Powell, Tattum, Eaton, Roberts, Pownall, James, Enion
Denbighshire - Morris
Cheshire - Walley, Hough, Pridden, Jackson, Lawson, Rosedale, Rigby
Lancashire - Smith, Caunce, Williams, Eaton, Watkinson, As(h)croft, Wilson
Cumbria - Twentyman, Borrow, Bownas, Mitchell
London - Liddell, Wilkes, Hart
Midlands - Smith, Fox, Hopton, Timson