Author Topic: WILLIAM SIBLEY ST.PANCRAS  (Read 696 times)

Offline sibbo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WILLIAM SIBLEY ST.PANCRAS
« on: Friday 17 December 04 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone who could help me as the censuses from 1881 and 1891 are not quite matching up. I am tracing my family Sibley from St.Pancras but Iam getting a little confused, I have traced back to my great great grand father William Sibley back to 222 Arlington road where he worked as a Pianoforte maker in both censuses.But his age changes and so does his wives, In the 1881 census it states he was married to Catherine but in the 1891 census it states he was married to Caroline, which matches my great grandfathers birth certificate. If anyone
has any more info about any of them it would be greatly appreciated as Iam trying to assemble this for my father.
sibley  & southey family trees

Offline irialouisa

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM SIBLEY ST.PANCRAS
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 December 04 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In the 1871 Census there is a William Silbley Living In St Pancras

St Pancras Camden Town

2 Caroline Street

William Sibley Head Mar 26 Organ Metal Pipe Maker  Born Tunshan ?? Green Middlesex

Amelia Silbey Wife    21  Born Maylebone

This Is the Only William that i could Find that matches his Occupation

It Looks Like William Married 3 Times Which was Common in those days as i have one in my family That Married at Least 4 Times

Hope This Helps

Regards

Iria
Dyson..Liverpool
Slater..Liverpool
Garner..Liverpool
Murray..Liverpool
Harold..Liverpool

Offline sibbo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM SIBLEY ST.PANCRAS
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Iria,
   Thanks for that, sounds quite promising there is a Turnham Green in Middlesex but the problem is there are quite a few Sibley families in London.I will try to find out in the 1861 census to see where he was then and maybe try looking at the deaths on 1837 website to see if any of his wives died. But hopefully you are pointing in the right direction.

Regards

Mark
sibley  & southey family trees