Author Topic: Look up please, Christian  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please, Christian
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 January 08 14:16 GMT (UK) »
24th  June    1815    Kirk   Maughold   Parish   Church    Isle   of   Man
William    Hardy   of   the   parish  of   KK   German    and   Margaret   Christian   of   this  parish    were   married   in  this
church  by   Licence   this   twenty  fourth  day   of   June   in    the   year one   thousand  eight   hundred  &  nine .By
me   Thos.  Cubbon   Vicar.
This   marriage   was  solemnized  between us       William   Hardy                Margaret   Hardy   late   Christian
In   presence   of     Edward    Corkhill             Robert    Callow

[marriage   by   licence   was   preferred  by   most  Manx    parishioners   &   in  no   way   abnormal  here]

Offline clare

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 January 08 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Voirrey,   Thank you so much for that information,  I knew she died 1815   but I didn't know when,
  Thank you also for the marriage info:  I am pleased you told me, their is no point going for the marriage cert if  their are no parents on it, but interesting who  the witness's were,  so back to the drawing board,  I know  William's second marriage was to Margaret Howland, I cannot  find the marriage record on that one,  they had more children, that poor women died at an early age as well,   maybe if I can find anyone who is connected to  the Howland family  & try and track  it back from there.  Thank you again
                             Jenny
suggett    London
jones        Glamorgan,   Wales
Smith        London
Thompson   Cambridge and London
Alder           Gloucester
Arundell      Gloucester
Hobbs        Gloucester
Holder          Gloucester

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 January 08 21:47 GMT (UK) »
I   cannot  find   a   marriage  either  or   baptism   for   a   Margaret  born   about    1795. [only  one   that   shows   is
much   later   in   Ramsey. ] Margaret  Hardie  buried  Bride  10th   January   1829  age   34   on  Brian's   list   transcribed
from   LDS  film.    Do   you   know   how   many  children  there   were?     Will  look  at   Bride  film   for   you   if   I
have  time-----   very   easy   films   to  view   ,only   a  handful   of    entries  per   year  ----a    sparsely   populated   rural
parish.

Offline clare

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 January 08 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much,  I really appreciate your help,   I found 5 children  for Margaret ( nee Howland )
  John ??
  Ellinor    1819
  Isabella  1821
 Thomas  1823
  James Finloe  1825
    All in Bride

suggett    London
Smith        London
Arundell      Gloucester
Hobbs        Gloucester

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 16:24 GMT (UK) »
RE    your     06 /08   post   I   found    a  baptism    for   a   Margaret   daughter   of   Wm. Hardy   &  Margt.   Christian
on   6th   April   1813    ----in    Bride   register   ????

Also    William   illegitimate   son   of    Margaret   Howland    born   July  13  th    1817   Privation   [   presumably  private
Baptism   ]

Also    Thomas    Michael   son   of  William   Hardy    &   Margaret  Howland     March    9th   [   sorry  can't  read  year in
my   notes.  ]      Searched  hard   for   a  marriage   but   there   must    be   one  somewhere   as   it   does  not
say   illegitimate   as   it   would   even   if   unmarried  father   present.

Isabella   daughter   of    Wm.   Hardy   &   Margaret  Howland   bapt.  August   5th   1821.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 16:38 GMT (UK) »
My   apologies  about   the   "Smilie "   I   was   going  for  ???

Hardie/y  burials  at   Bride  .    Margaret   Hardy  nee  Howland   in   plot  60.   William   Hardie  &    Isabella  in  plot  61

also   William    son   of   William  17 th  Jan.   1827.      Thomas   Hardy   from    Ballachrink  aged   26  years   20th

Aug.   1849.

MI   from   tombstone ----   60/ This   stone   /is  erected   by   John   Howland /to   the   memory   of  his   mother

MARGARET   HARDIE  alias   Howland   who   died  Jan . 8th   1829   aged   35  years.   

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 16:52 GMT (UK) »
60  //   Sacred /  to  the   memory   of //   the   late/   THOMAS   HARDIE /  of   Ballachrink  /  born  the  9th   March  1823

/   died  the   16th August  1849   "  For  if  we  believe   that   Jesus died/   and   rose   again ,  even so  them  also 

which   sleep  in  Jesus   will  God   bring  with  him"   1  Thess.   !V  Chapter   14   Verse/    also  ISABELLA   HARDIE  /

who   departed  this   life   the  2nd/   of   August   1852   aged   31  years/  " Blessed  are   dead   which   die   in  the

Lord  "    In    memory   pf   WILLIAM   HARDIE/  of   Ballachrink/   who  died   12th  October  1862    aged   90   years.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Ballachrink   is   a   farm      on  the   western   side   of   the   main   road   from   Ramsey   about   2   miles  south   of

the   church   &    village   of   Bride.[  Parish   of  Bride which   is  in   the  sheading   of    Ayre]

Offline clare

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Voirrey,   
                     Thank you so much, you are a gem and have been so busy on my behalf. it is such good information,   don't worrry about the smiley, I tried to get one on the page for you, but it didn't work, don't know how to do it
                              Jenny
suggett    London
Smith        London
Arundell      Gloucester
Hobbs        Gloucester