Author Topic: COMPLETED Thomas Roper  (Read 1023 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Thomas Roper
« on: Saturday 01 September 07 08:43 BST (UK) »
I have been on the Irish board as he was born in Ireland in 1812, but not in the place shown on familysearch and according to familysearch, he was married in High Church, Paisley. Renfrew in 1835 to Jean Adam/s.
I have a copy of the 1841 Scotland census which states he was born in Ireland and in 1841 was living at Thomas Street. Ferguslie with his wife and 3 children.  I do know he arrived in Victoria, Australia in November 1848 on an assisted passage on the Andremache with his wife and 5 children.
Would an 1835 marriage show his parents and place of birth or just Ireland to stump me?
Regards
Bev
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Roper
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 September 07 08:59 BST (UK) »
HI,

Details on a pre 1855 marriage give very little information.
Usually just parish of residence at time of marriage, names of bride and groom and possibly the grooms occupation.
Census information Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk