Author Topic: Surname VEIGHEY  (Read 56869 times)

Offline MEW53

• RootsChat Member
  • My Mum & Dad - George & May Veighey
    • View Profile
Re: Surname VEIGHEY
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 09:03 BST (UK) »
The last of my Dad’s siblings passed away in January in Co Cavan, she was married to George Lake Storey who was an auctioneer. I don’t have any information on Ida Storey’s (nee Veighey) husband’s family.
They lived in Killeshandra, Lake died many years ago, they had no children.
Veighey, Isabella Montgomery, Wilson,  Haughtons ,  Arnolds, Morrisons & Kellets -Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Whittaker- Conisbrough

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 09:08 BST (UK) »
For reference-
https://rip.ie/death-notice/isabella-matilda-storey-killeshandra-cavan/376523

Irish Independent [Dublin], 18 June 2004: … undisclosed sum. In business since the 1900s, Storey & Sons is a family-run firm. Gordon Cartwright worked with his uncle, George Lake Storey in Killeshandra for some 20 years, and inherited the business from him after his death five years ago. …

If the above refers to the same man looks like he died around 1999? Perhaps get in touch with nephew or the firm to ask for details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MEW53

• RootsChat Member
  • My Mum & Dad - George & May Veighey
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 15:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aghadowey for the information, my family sent a donation on Ida’s death but we weren’t sure how the relationships on the Storey side worked out. Will try and delve a bit more into the information you have given me.
Hadn’t see the death notice however I was able to provide a few very old photos for the funeral which were appreciated.
Veighey, Isabella Montgomery, Wilson,  Haughtons ,  Arnolds, Morrisons & Kellets -Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Whittaker- Conisbrough