Author Topic: Hall, Cramb, Sneddon, Ferguson, Dryburgh, Robertson  (Read 14269 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hall, Cramb, Sneddon, Ferguson, Dryburgh, Robertson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 December 07 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Think I need more than good luck - Just gone back to the Sneddons/Snadon'd etc etc. Cannot find a birth for Robina Sneddon 1828 or 1831 on Scotlands People or IGI .  I have her death cert in Alva in 1893 parents listed Robert Sneddon and Charlotte Marshall but in the 1841 census she is with her Grandmother Agnes Marshall in Clacks and her place of birth is Sauchie..now what would Sauchie come under ??? have tried Alloa, Tillicoutry, Clacks to no avail, maybe have got something wrong somewhere  :o as u said it's damned difficult..regards Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline DavidofLincs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 December 07 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Pat,

Throughout most of the 19th Century, Sauchie formed a 'detached' part of Clackmannan parish.  It was transferred to Alloa parish as part of a re-organisation which took place in 1891, but in all the earlier Censuses you will find it in Clackmannan parish.

I happen to be the Co-ordinator for the FreeCEN transcription of the 1841 Clackmannanshire, and I can tell you that the transcripts for the Sauchie part of Clackmannan parish were put on-line for free searching at the beginning of November.

David.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 December 07 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that info - finally found a marriage for Robert Snaddon (note spelling) and Charlotte Marshall they were married 26/05/1827 in Clacks.  Have no idea ,so far, what happened to them as Robina was living with her grandmother in 1841 and 1851 at Sauchie  :o may have more success in the new year ??.
I know it's early..but all of you..have a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Yar...Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 December 07 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isabel - re the Snaddon's and Michie..just had a look at wills and testaments on SP.. There is a James Sneddon publican Old Ship Inn, The Shore, Alloa d 19/10/1895 at Alloa testate father of Catherine Sneddon or Michie ...wonder if this ties in womewhere. all the best patvp

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat. Hope this doesn't muddy the waters and that it helps somewhat. I'm researching a Francis Hall, son of John Hall/Margaret Thomson. I say this as some records imply his parents to be Thomas Hall/Christian Moir or James Hall/Christian Moir. The latter two are brothers of John. Anyways, my research indicates that Thomas Hall/Christian Moir's son Edward was b. 22 June 1823 and c. 5 Feb 1828 and he m. Robina Snaddon. Children that I noted were dtr Christina Moir Hall b. 14 Apr 1857 & dtr Barbara Moir Hall b. 7 Dec 1858 (Alloa). I did not continue researching this particular line. If the above is a connection for you then Edward's father Thomas' parents were Thomas Hall/Jean Malcolm. Your Marshall data is interesting as the 1851 census has my Francis Hall relocated from Clackmannan and lodging in Salsburgh, Lanarkshire with a Thomas & Agnes Marshall's family. Francis subsequently came to Canada in 1854. Happy New Year,  Golfer.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 January 08 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Golfer..
Edward Hall was born 05 Feb 1828 in Clackmannan, there was another Edward born 22 Jun 1823 to Thomas and Christian and I assumed he had died have yet to prove it. Edward married Robina Sneddon 03 Jun 1853 at Alloa they had eight children including Christine and Barbara (prolific lot wern't they?) I have traced them thru'Clackmannan and then to Alva Thomas their son born 1861 was my g/grandfather, where the Marshall's come in was because my g/grandmother Isabella died and the girls were split up..this is all very hard to explain maybe it would be better if you contact me at my e.mail adds * and see what we can sort out..regards Par..by the way I am in Australia  :D

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Back at you Pat. You may very well be correct, however, from my notes Edward was BORN 22 June 1823 and is the same Edward who was CHRISTENED 5 Feb 1828.  Keep in mind that birthdates and christening dates are often spaced.  Cheers, Golfer.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Been sitting at this blasted computer since I got your message  :o trying to sort things out.  Do have a marriage for Thomas and Christian Moir 06 Dec 1818 Clackmannan.  Edward also had a brother Thomas born 1819 Edward is staying with him in the 1851 census at Galashiels (funnily enough I recall my mother saying we had family in Galashiels and also have photo's but who they are is anyone's guess) Also cme across a birth Francis Hall 16 Oct 1830 parents James Hall and Christian Moir..is this your's ??? talk about confusing  ::) Pat

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 02 January 08 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Pat. As I mentioned in my 1st post to you, there are records that have Thomas Hall/Christian Moir and James Hall/Christian Moir as parents of my Francis Hall. Thomas and James were brothers; however, based on my research another brother John was in fact Francis' father. Quite a dilemma. But the bottom line is I am confident your Edward Hall is connected, being a son of Thomas and Christian. Cheers, Golfer.