Author Topic: Great Aunt needs brighting up  (Read 6734 times)

Offline bell2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Great Aunt needs brighting up
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 20 September 07 10:09 BST (UK) »

Hi all,
       I see the interest in Shirin is still going on, I was wondering is it possible to make this pic into an oval shape with out losing to much of her,as I have a very nice old oval frame which I bought from an auction years ago,been looking for a picture for some time to put in it,
it measures 15x11 in or 38x28 cm, just a thought,Belle.
EADON:         Birmingham, Sheffield, India.
SHUBART:      Ireland, Devon, India,
LEE:              Guernsey, Devon. Leicestershire,
CASELEY:       Devon,Guernsey.
MONAGHAN:   Ireland,Devon,India, Lancashire,
CROXFORD:    Guernsey,
COPELAND:    Wales, India, Devon.
LUCIETT:        Ireland, Devon,Sussex.
MOREY:           London,  India.

Offline Rachels

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 23 September 07 18:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Poll and Gadget  ;D .... if A5 is good enough for the two of you, then it'll be fine for me .... and seeing your photo, Poll, I realise that although in theory there's enough space here I really don't want a HUGE bit of kit on the desk.

I think OH and I will be having a few 'lively discussions' about SIZE !!!  ::) ;D

Thanks again (unwell with head cold, so hope this makes sense and doesn't seem too abrupt)
 :-* :-* ;)

Rachel
FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 
Please do NOT use my restores without permission, unless you're the owner of the photo.  Some of my restores are on flickr.com ~ rachel sc

my computer is an iMac

BANCE, BALLINGER, CHEES(E)MAN, CONNOR, COOK, COX, CRUTCHLEY,
DAWSON, FLYNN, FOLWELL, FORGAN, FORREST, HARRIS, KING, LOOKER,
MIDGLEY, OATES, ROE, SIM(M)S, WHITTINGTON

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 23 September 07 21:28 BST (UK) »
Belle, I would love to make an oval for you but I'm hampered by lack of my software/PC at the moment. Would it be possible for you to just print one of the images and  mount it in the frame with the oval area of your choice  :-\

Rachel - I have got the latest model of Poll's tablet ready and waiting for the delivery of my new laptop*. I got a good deal but won't advertise from where  :)

Gadget

*Desktop, I meant  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 24 September 07 00:39 BST (UK) »
Doh ...now you all can see how untidy my desk is.... :-[ lol  ;D ;D
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 24 September 07 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Belle  here is an oval for you :) If you like it .....pm me and I'll email you an 8x6 version ... It's too big a file to post on here ..Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople