Author Topic: Sweeney and Kilkenny, Greenan, McGovern  (Read 8940 times)

Offline dideyjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sweeney and Kilkenny, Greenan, McGovern
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 September 14 14:10 BST (UK) »
DO you have any info on his children? Possible relation
Sweeney, Kilkenny, Greenan, Charles

Offline Sally Bryenton

• RootsChat Extra
  • ten and ahalf months on the road...the grand tour...have had a fantastic time seeing the sites,visiting old friends and lovely relatives...headed home to asheville nc ...by the end of the month..can't wait!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 September 14 18:17 BST (UK) »
Owen Sweeney married  Maryanne Webb and they had six children,4 boys and 2 girls...the girls,Elizabeth and Mary never married...the sons were Eugene,Dennis,Edward and my great grandfather,William..Owen and Maryanne were married in New York  at some point the moved to Naugatuck Connecticut where Owen farmed and had an art supply and stationary shop. Son ,Eugene was an attorney and worked in New York,Dennis went to the Carribean  {something to do w/ hotels} and died very young...I'm not sure what Edward did...William ventured west to Montana where he hooked up w/Thomas Cruse and was his right hand man in many business and personal affairs...so are we related??........I am looking for info on Thomas Cruse Drumlummon...acts there?Thanks.Sally

Offline Sally Bryenton

• RootsChat Extra
  • ten and ahalf months on the road...the grand tour...have had a fantastic time seeing the sites,visiting old friends and lovely relatives...headed home to asheville nc ...by the end of the month..can't wait!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 September 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
I just remembered something about Owen Sweeney...he came to the US with his three brothers,Dennis,Edward and Patrick...Patrick returned to Ireland..hope this helps ...let me know what you have found...so I can fill in the blanks on my family tree...Sally

Offline dideyjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 September 14 20:01 BST (UK) »
MY SWeeneys were MIchael Sweeney born 1866 and his father Bernard Sweeney born around 1830 orso. I do not see any relatiion, do you?
Sweeney, Kilkenny, Greenan, Charles

Offline Sally Bryenton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 September 14 21:24 BST (UK) »
no ,I don't think we are related...but there was a Bernard Sweeney in Naugatuck Conneticut...good luck...sally