Author Topic: Link: East Renfrewhire Photographs, Database Index  (Read 2604 times)

Offline A R Hill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Link: East Renfrewhire Photographs, Database Index
« on: Sunday 09 September 07 16:00 BST (UK) »
For some, this link might be old hat: http://www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/heritage.htm?textsize=undefined

However, the addition of hundreds of old postcards, and the ability to search the index to the main Heritage Centre database, make this a winner for me.  When I click on this link, the first things that catch my eye are (1) the Images icon and then (2) after pressing that and playing with the Photographs and Postcards item in the left hand navigation menu, the Database Records items in that menu.

The main thing, I have found, is to look around and try everything.  You need to try every link in my experience. For example - photographs are not indexed in detail in the main database, but under the Postcards and Photographs link they are fully indexed and in most cases can be shown on screen - a thumbnail appears and if you click it, a bigger image can be brought up.

Alistair
Family: Ramsay, Taylor, Dewar, Halley, McQueen (all Clackmannan & Dollar); Fitzcharles (Scotland - Glasgow and Mearns, not Arbroath, Dundee or Grangemouth); Hill & Turpin (each both in Cornwall & Govan); McLean (Glasgow); McCallum & McPhail (Loch Awe).
Topographical: Eaglesham & Mearns (Renfrewshire); Clackmannanshire; Corstorphine (Midlothian).
Research: Gilmour of Eaglesham; Gilmour of Hillhead; Prof. Francesco Jannetti (translator,  La Favorita).

Offline liverpool lass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link: East Renfrewhire Photographs, Database Index
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 September 07 16:16 BST (UK) »
What a great site. Wish it was my area of Renfrewshire!
Lewis/Morgan - Carmarthenshire
Jones - Denbighshire
McCormack/McLoughlin - Liverpool
McKenzie - Liverpool/Lanarkshire/ Aus/USA/NZ
Ballantyne - Glasgow, Liverpool
Evans - Merionethshire
Turnell - Northamptonshire
Jones - Glamorgan
Wood - Nova Scotia, Mass, USA
Booth - Aus
Francis - Carmarthen
Griffiths - Glamorgan and Llanelli