Author Topic: Davies of Ruyton XI Towns  (Read 2021 times)

Offline sharon brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Davies of Ruyton XI Towns
« on: Monday 10 September 07 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hello , I'm looking for information on the following family:
John Davies C1872 and Mary Ann Davies (nee Davies) C1873, had the following children:
Beatrice May  b.1904 married Evan Thomas Williams and moved to Coedpoeth
Margaret Ann c1905 married George Austin Williams and had four sons, William, Thomas, Edward and Raymond
Rose c1906 married Harry Bray and had four children, Eunice, Mainee, Gordon and Graham
Emily c1906 married Alf Bray (brother to the above Harry), Elizabeth c1907 died in 1968 in a tragic fire at Shelton Nursing Home, Shrewsbury, never married
Percy c1911 married Doris Tonge
Tom c1910 was the local postman in Ruyton for many years, he was  a Deacon for the United Reformed Chapel also in Ruyton.
All children were believed to have been born at "1 The Fields", Ruyton, and was where John and Mary the parents remained until they passed away in the 1950's. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Offline Allie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Davies of Ruyton XI Towns
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 September 07 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon,

I'm not sure if you live far from Ruyton XI Towns but on the 29/30th September there is a Ruyton XI Towns Village History Exhibition being held in the village at the village hall and Victoria room.

If you can get there, you may get some help. I believe that someone from the SFHS will be there too.

Allie
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Shropshire research interests: Betton, Boliver, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Griffiths, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Rogers, Weston, Wilson

Offline sharon brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Davies of Ruyton XI Towns
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 September 07 08:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Allie, yes I know about the family history weekend at Ruyton, I live about an hours drive away, so hopefully, I'm going to get up there on Sunday 30th Sept, and fingers crossed I may be able to obtain more info. Thanks again