Author Topic: LOWERY/Lowry - WILLIAMSON Families in Co. Down  (Read 10130 times)

Offline maryd

• My emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: LOWERY/Lowry - WILLIAMSON Families in Co. Down
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 22:25 BST (UK) »
There are  a few Lowery/ Lowry gravestone inscriptions in a book I have-
Lowry - John d 28.05.1887
            Elizabeth d 15.05.1912 and their family
Lowry - Christiana d 04.05.1887
Lowery - Gawin, and Sarah is daughter 1844/1852
Lowery - Jane, Sarah, George, Hans 1859-1888
Lowry - William jnr d31.10.1828
Lowry  - Hugh d 28.09.1832 and Elizabeth d 1840
Lowry - Agnes, William, Thomas, Elizabeth, Annie and various other Williams and Thomases
Lowry - Frazer, Thomas, Jane, Samuel
Lowry - Hugh, Mary, Elizabeth, Margaret, John, Sarah, Jane, Agnes, James 1895-1959 various dates and ages

If you think any might be of interest I will transcribe the text for you

Mary
Denvir/ Denver anywhere - Cumberland/ Ireland
Lowery Cumberland
Bruce Cumberland
Downey Ireland
Christie
Graham Cumberland
Gribbin/ Gribben Isle of Man
Hebditch
O'Connor Cumberland
Vickers Cumberland

Offline Karenannie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,
               Unfortunatley I don't have enough information on my Irish Lowry family to know who is who just yet.
                 I only know that Samuel Hayes Lowry was born abt 1826 Parish of Ballee to Samuel Lowry and Margaret Hayes. I have guessed Samuel snr and Margaret were born C 1800 ( but that really depends on where Samuel jnr fits into the family.

Samuel jnr went to America,married an Irish girl,  then in 1853 came to Australia.
               I will pass on your offer for now, but if I find any of the names in the future are linked, I might be able to get in touch with you again.

Thank you for your effort. I do appreciate it.
Karen

Offline tclowry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 17:38 GMT (UK) »
I may be able to help with the Lowry's of Killinchy and Downpatrick.
Let me know.

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Let me know.

If you come acros my Lowry - Hayes connection I would be pleased!

I have a rel David Lowry Hayes b 1829,  b Ballymacreely, Killinchy, father Archibald.
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea, Askin
Galway: Abbot

Offline tclowry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 22 October 09 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
Sorry about the delay.
My family definately have Killinchy connexions. I visited there in the summer and hit a brick wall around 1850. There are Hayes connexions as well, but I can't yet find out if there is a link.
I am going to get a professional geneologist on the job so will keep you informed. I was born and educated in Downpatrick where there is a big Lowry connexion.
Regards
Cecil Lowry

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 October 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cecil. I had a researcher look into my Hayes and I think I have posted all the results here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,239716.msg1301892.html#msg1301892

Would be great to hear your results.
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea, Askin
Galway: Abbot

Offline mmcc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 07 December 09 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Let me know.
Hi, I'm trying trace lowry connections, I've got all I could get from UHF and census 1911, my grandfather was Hugh Lowry born Belfast 1919 his father also Hugh was married 1915 to Sarah Cappa in Belfast but I'm trying to find where he was born I found a couple of Hugh Lowry's in Killinchy who signed the ulster covenant 1912, this is possably them but i need more details to confirm, could you possably help with this.
thks

Moderator's Note: topic here-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,422922.msg2879606.html#msg2879606

Offline maureen kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 22 December 14 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi My gr gr grandparents were John McDowell and Sarah Lowry they married 11th Feb 1851 in Parish Church, parish of Ballee Co Down at time of marriage their residence was Ballybrannagh Downpatrick Johns father was Moses McDowell and Sarahs father was William Lowry, other than this i dont know anything else about the Lowry family, any help would be appreciated, Many Thanks

Offline Rustymar1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 16 June 23 11:59 BST (UK) »
I realise that quite a few years have passed since the last entry, but I'm currently trying to trace my Lowry ancestry and I see that some of the contributors here may be able to help me.
My 3rd great-grandfather was a Thomas Lowry (circa 1800 - circa 1850) from Killinchy and he married a Margaret Campbell (circa 1801 - 1872), the daughter of William Campbell, also from Killinchy in Killinchy Presbyterian Church on 10 Oct 1822.
Sometime after this Thomas and Margaret moved to Carnacally townland in Kilmore Parish near Crossgar, Co.Down. They had 5 children during their marriage.
Any information regarding Thomas Lowry and/or Margaret Campbell's families in Killinchy would be greatly appreciated.