Author Topic: AMENDED: FAO PRU  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
AMENDED: FAO PRU
« on: Thursday 13 September 07 19:29 BST (UK) »
This was such an adorable pose I just had to rescue it...This also came from the same source as the wedding couple....Also 50p.
It looks like it was taken at the seaside and he was dressed up as a "Young Royal".....prince for a day 8)
It is on a split back postcard with no information..unlike the wedding couple photo...there is no marked place for the stamp.
Once again...I hope I will be able in time to repatriate this pic with it's rightful owner....In the meantime...do with it what you will.

I have scanned it at 600dpi as it was pixelating at 300dpi
T.T...Aka...Mrs. Rummage ;)

ADDED.....PRU...Please add to your website.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Junkshop Refugee No.2
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 September 07 04:30 BST (UK) »
A quick clean up from me and to put it back at the top of the pile  ;D

margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 September 07 08:10 BST (UK) »
HI TT........... Heres one for starters, I am sure you will get plenty more
renditions.

Carolyn
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 September 07 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret...Thanks for cleaning this one up...it's not a very good quality pic so you have made a lovely job of it :D
Carolyn that's really lovely and just how I imagined it would look in colour...Thanks for giving it your time :D
T.T...Aka..Mrs. Rummage ;)
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 September 07 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs Rummage!

Fab photo! If it came from the same shop ,what do you think the chances are of him being related to the No 1 Refugees?  ???

Just a thought  :-\ Judy
Best wishes, Judy :-))

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 September 07 15:50 BST (UK) »
Aw Judy...I wondered that too :o...I also have one of a very affluent looking gentleman which I will also post..but I don't want to hog the board...especially when they are not family ::)..but...stay tooned ;D ;D
T.T.

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 September 07 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi TT

I'll look forward to seeing that!! I sometimes worry about posting too many pics and hogging the board, but then I think - well, it gives the restorers more choice! LOL.  And some photos will appeal more to some restorers than others. That's my excuse anyway!!!

Judy  :D :D

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 14 September 07 16:05 BST (UK) »
I wouldn't worry about it Judy...there's not many being posted at the moment anyway and the restorers don't mind...they will do them if they want to and can find the time 'cos it's their hobby...I was posting my pics at an alarming rate when I first joined the board :o i couldn't get enough of it ;D ;D....that was last year...before I started restoring....and I still can't get enough of it ;D ;D
T.T.

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 September 07 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi TT  ;) ;)

I know what you mean! I have posted loads already, but the results are always so fantastic that my fingers are always itching to add more!!

I shall keep a look out in junk shops now for any similar refugees!

Judy  :D :D