Author Topic: Schaub/ Lowe 1881 - 1901  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Chubbfrisky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Schaub/ Lowe 1881 - 1901
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 22:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Sucher,

Will pass on the information to my parents. The file opened easily.

The bits I know are:
Otto sailed from Hamburg to New Orleans and was living there for the 1870 census and was listed as a Photographic artist
There were three children - Alma Annette, Ida Elizabeth and George. Ida Elizabeth came over to Liverpool and was listed in the 1901 census. I think from what Dad said she died in Liverpool.
George we don't have much information on - Ancestry has his passport application for the US in 1902.
Alma Annette died on the 24th March 1937 in Bromborough on the Wirral (across the Mersey from Liverpool), Walter Oldfield died in Heswall (also on the Wirral) in 1942. I will check with Dad, but I think they both lived with my Dad's parents as they got older.

I know my parents have more info so will have a chat with them when I see them this weekend.

Best contact would be my e-mail - (*). I'm based up in Northumberland, my parents are still on the Wirral.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline rgrasby87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 January 20 23:10 GMT (UK) »
I am a little late to the party and have no new info, but Walter Oldfield Lowe is my 3 x Great Uncle. His sister, Elizabeth Lowe is my 2 x Great Grandma. My Mum died a few years ago at the age if 52, and her half-sister has Dementia, so finding out about my family tree is really important to me. I was born in Liverpool, same as my Mum.
 I'm so pleased I found this thread.

Offline rgrasby87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 October 21 23:07 BST (UK) »
I am a little late to the party and have no new info, but Walter Oldfield Lowe is my 3 x Great Uncle. His sister, Elizabeth Lowe is my 2 x Great Grandma. My Mum died a few years ago at the age if 52, and her half-sister has Dementia, so finding out about my family tree is really important to me. I was born in Liverpool, same as my Mum.
 I'm so pleased I found this thread.

I meant to type that Walter was my 2x great uncle. I hope to find a photo of him one day.