Author Topic: Would anybody know.  (Read 4688 times)

Offline par50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Would anybody know.
« on: Thursday 20 September 07 00:53 BST (UK) »
Hi my Father in Law was born in Cefnllys. on 15th April 1915. His parents were Thomas Evans Jones and Alice Maud Jones. they were married in Knighton in 1910. We have been told my father in Law had 2 sisters.one was possibly  Kath or Kathleen &  I was wondering if there is anywhere I can check from Overseas of any birth records either before 1915 or after. It doesn't help when I have a Jones marrying a Jones.  Any help would be appreciated. Pam

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: Would anybody know.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 September 07 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam

I have had a look on FreeBMD and found :-

Birth for a Kathleen JONES Dec Quarter 1910 in Knighton

There was also a Doris M JONES, mothers maiden surname JONES, born Knighton Sept 1912.  And another same name same district, same quarter 1913

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline par50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 September 07 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenlee. Thats great and so quick. I will try and find out what the other sister was called from my Brother in Law. (he may know). I know my father in law was registered in Rhayader. and he was born in Ffoesybontfren but that was the name of the property. in Cefnllys which we were told was belonging to Llandewy hall. as Thomas his father was an Estate Waggoner. I only joined this site a couple of hours ago and thought I would try and see if someone knew of where I could get info. its fantastic. Pam

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 September 07 01:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome Pam. 

People on this site have access to an amazing array of records for all sorts of places and are happy to search through them to help others find what they need.

Knighton district covers Cefnylls and a google search for this area may uncover some information about Thomas Evans JONES and his workplace.

Personally I don't have much on the later UK, but can access census records for you from 1841 - 1901 if you want to find out about your family further back.  Happy to help if you would like.

Good luck

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk