Author Topic: Bunce Family  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Susan Ann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bunce Family
« on: Saturday 22 September 07 18:17 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on my Gt Grandfather, Stephen Bunce born in Co Clare 1843 and his mother Mary.
I cannot seem to find a Fathers name.  His wife was also born in Co Clare Margaret Carey 1849.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bunce Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 September 07 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Susan Ann and welcome to rootschat. I don't know how much you know about searching around sites for information so just give a shout if you need help.

Do you have the marriage certificate of Stephen and Margaret? You should get both their father's name for that and it would be worth getting it if you haven't.

Free BMD shows that they married June quarter 1868 and that Joseph Bunce married Hannah/Honor Carey in 1866.

The families don't appear to be in Oldham in 1851 so presumbly arrived 1851-1861.

If you find the fathers' names - this site may help you http://www.failteromhat.com/
you would need to search Griffiths Valuation which took place over a number of years around 1850s- Stephen's father may have died and the family may have moved but you never know. There are far more Carneys that Bunce in Clare.

I hope this helps a bit.

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Susan Ann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bunce Family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 September 07 23:11 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help, I will try that site.

Regards

Sue