Author Topic: James Gregory Doolittle  (Read 46937 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: James Gregory Doolittle
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 21 June 22 21:18 BST (UK) »

....through their daughter Catherine Doolittle b1845 who married Charles Hawes b1845.

Charles James HAWES married Catherine Mary DOOLITTLE on 12th September 1869 at St Paul's Parish Church, Dublin.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1869/11429/8198166.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline JohnMB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 23 June 22 22:23 BST (UK) »
Patrick Dunne and Anna Mary Doolittle also had a daughter named Mary Anne Dunne who was born in Swords on 3 Jan 1891.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 24 June 22 07:39 BST (UK) »

Patrick Dunne and Anna Mary Doolittle also had a daughter named Mary Anne Dunne who was born in Swords on 3 Jan 1891.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1891/02400/1895045.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline JohnMB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 01 July 22 15:06 BST (UK) »

I have learned the following about Patrick Dunne and Anna Mary Doolittle's daughter, Mary Anne Dunne from Sr. Luzia Koch, General Secretary, Sisters of Divine Providence, Munster, Germany:

"On October 17, 1911 she entered the congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence in Munster.

On May 23, 1912 she was received into the novitiate.

On April 16, 1914, she took her first vows.

She died on December 21, 1916.

She was buried in the cemetery at the Vorsechtungskloster in St. Mauritz, Mόnster."

There was a report on Mary Anne's first vows in the Wicklow Newsletter of 2 May 1914 on Page 7. The article stated that she was the "daughter of Mrs Dunne of Swords" and granddaughter of "the late Mr. Thomas Doolittle of Wicklow" and that her name in religion was Sister Patricis.

Offline KerryAnnDunne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 25 July 23 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I was very interested to find this chat! My grandfather was:
Thomas Patrick Joseph Dunne born 1894
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1894/02239/1843556.pdf
I have been working to find more about his family tree- his mother's side were Doolittles from Wicklow, and his grandfather was the James Gregory Doolittle the original poster mentioned (who would have been my great, great grandfather.
Two mysteries in the family I am trying to find out:
- the parents/origins of Mary Anna Gregory, who married James Gregory Doolittle in Wicklow.
- more about the paternal side of my grandfather, Thomas Patrick Joseph Dunne. His father was Patrick Dunne, but I have no knowledge of Patrick Dunne's parents.  Thank you!
- Kerry Dunne

Offline KerryAnnDunne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 26 July 23 15:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry a quick edit/update on my post:
The original poster's query for James Gregory Doolittle- he was the brother of my great grandmother, Anna Mary Doolittle, who married Patrick Dunne and lived with him in Swords, Co. Dublin. Their child, Thomas Patrick Joseph Dunne was my grandfather, emigrating to the US and ultimately settling in California.
My great-great grandparents would be Thomas Doolittle and Mary Anna Gregory of Wicklow. I am very interested in finding out any information about Mary Anna Gregory-- parents, and was she a convert to Roman Catholicism?