Author Topic: Kitten/Kitton Family Norfolk  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
  • Dad and the late furry one greatly missed
    • View Profile
Kitten/Kitton Family Norfolk
« on: Sunday 23 September 07 09:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for the Kitten/Kitton family from Norfolk who married in to the Bowgen/Boughen family  especailly decentants James Bowgen who married Elizabeth Kitton - son William Bowgen who married Rebecca Swatman
thank you
Allen, Brooks, Collier, Chapman, Crick, Le Goupillot, Dillyestone, Ramsey,Bacon, Swatman, Beevor/Beever, Bushe, Bowgen,Gascogine, Bareham, Veal, Cudmore

Offline Burroughs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Kitten/Kitton Family Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 November 07 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My mothers family are Boughen's but in the early census were Bougen. What time era are you looking at?

Best regards

David
Burroughs, Burrows, Boughen, Bougen, Boughan, Reynolds, Penny

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 November 07 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I can go back to 1794 and William Bowgen - the family seem to have come from the Norwich area. William is a bit of a mystery as he doesnt appear on any of the census but he's mentioned on marriage certificates both alive and dead. My tree is available on Ancestory if you are interested
Karen
Allen, Brooks, Collier, Chapman, Crick, Le Goupillot, Dillyestone, Ramsey,Bacon, Swatman, Beevor/Beever, Bushe, Bowgen,Gascogine, Bareham, Veal, Cudmore

Offline Burroughs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen

I am back to Robert Bougen born 1790 at Runcton Holme, Norfolk. My tree is also on ancestry and Genes Reunited.

David
Burroughs, Burrows, Boughen, Bougen, Boughan, Reynolds, Penny

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 November 07 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
Do you think that there could be a connection, somewhere along the line? Fortunately (or Un depending on how you look at it) but I'm off on my hols for a while so I'll have a look at your tree on Ancestory - mine is called The Bowgen Family Tree, if you look for Rebecca Swatman you should find me ;D I shall be back on the rellie trail when I get back
Karen

Offline aspman_gb

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 June 10 12:52 BST (UK) »
My research on my family the BOWGEN family starts with james and elizabeth I am stuck on who came before them. If you still need help let me know and I can pass on what I have. If you know of anyone who goes further back than them can you let me know. Thanks Steve  :D