Author Topic: James Henderson b1815  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Henderson b1815
« on: Sunday 23 September 07 17:08 BST (UK) »
Still looking for James-did a search on ScotlandsPeople for marriages-the most likely one seems to be 20/6/1834 marrying Janet Hogg at Gladsmuir FR1017 GROS Data 708/ 00400210, the ones either side are in 1831 and 1840.
If I take out the 1831 one I m left with Margaret Shiels at Garvald in 1840, the next one is 1847-bit too old by then?
Any help towards the bullseye appreciated.
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Henderson b1815
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 September 07 17:15 BST (UK) »
What information do you have on him?

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 September 07 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Sancti,
James was born 10/12/1815 at Moreham, eldest son of Robert and Janet nee Clarkson, he was baptised 26/12/1815.
The younger members(daughters) of the family with their parents moved to Sussex in the 1830s and appear on the 1841 census there at Maresfield.
His brother George b1818 moved south ending up in Brighton, his other brother, Robert and sister, Elisabeth ended up in Arbroath by 1861.
I have no idea what happened to James-hence the post!
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 September 07 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Rebel,

There is a James and Margaret Henderson both aged 72 in the 1891 England census, in Hockerton,Notts. He says he is a retiored farmer. He gives his birthplace as Haddington, East Lothian.  Could be your man.
I have just found them in 1881 census at Southwell, Notts as 61 year olds, they are now born 1820. They just give Scotland and he is a farmer of 72 acres.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 September 07 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Tidybooks,
Thats very interesting-I suppose he is a possible candidate especially since his younger brother George went south and married in Brighton in 1850. Its just the age thats a worry but thanks very much for your help.
CR