Author Topic: im getting paranoid  (Read 1187 times)

Offline kimchris1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
im getting paranoid
« on: Wednesday 26 September 07 08:45 BST (UK) »
 :-\
im starting to get a bit paranoid about my late fathers family i know he lost touch with them when he moved to london and his parents died in late 1960s and i know very little about them but cant find any record of them after my grandparents death its mad that i can trace the family back to early 1700s yet cant find anything upto date maybe there is some deep dark secret thats been hidden from me iv tried putting notices in papers on different sites and people have tried english records while registrar has tried scottish records someone must know of them . just felt like sounding off a bit thanks
clark/gilmour/bradley in stirling and maryhill              clark/teven in stirling

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: im getting paranoid
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Kimchris1,

Have you tried searching the Electoral Rolls for the area/s they were living in or perhaps the telephone directories?

Good luck,

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimchris1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 10:41 BST (UK) »
last known address was in glasgow in 1968 could i find that for then
clark/gilmour/bradley in stirling and maryhill              clark/teven in stirling

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 10:44 BST (UK) »
If it makes you feel better it is often harder to trace 'recent' relatives than ones who are long dead. 'Recent' people can't be looked up in census records and other sources you can find older ones. Also many tend to move around more which makes them easier to trace.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kimchris1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 11:51 BST (UK) »
im obviously getting desparate now as my father and most of his ancestors from wot i can see have died from heart disease and cancer in their late 50s and early 60s so his sister who im trying to find would be 74 if she is still alive and time could be running out id just like to find out more about him when he was younger and his family as he never talked about his time before he met my mum and his sister is prob the only person i can get this info from

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 18:36 BST (UK) »
Local papers nowadays often have pages where you can post a request to find a lost family member or friend.

Have you tried that yet?

Maybe get a mod to move this to the Glasgow board and someone will tell you what the local papers are....unless you already know  ;D

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimchris1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 September 07 21:04 BST (UK) »
iv put something in the paper last week and because of the age of the person im looking for and anyone who might have remembered my fathers family i was told to put a phone number as well as my email well for 48 hours after it appeared in the paper i received 100s of text msgs and a few emails none had anything to do with trying to find the person and all from different numbers it must be a popular paper the daily record  i have put another in for this week BUT no phone number this time so lets hope if anyone knows anything genuine they have access to a computer ;D