Author Topic: HIRE Family Help !  (Read 2233 times)

Offline genfind

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HIRE Family Help !
« on: Wednesday 26 September 07 10:05 BST (UK) »
 ;D Hi Everyone - I am researching the HIRE family of which I am a direct descendant !
I am living in Wales and have an extensive collection of HIRE family information extending from Pembrokeshire to Halifax, Novas Scotia.
I am trying to work backwards from Pembrokeshire now as I have received written information stating that the HIRE family first arrived in Pembrokeshire from Ireland in 1676 and I would like to try and confirm this but I am now unsure of where to turn !
Are there any HIRE family members left in Ireland and if so I would love to get in touch.
As I said.....I have tons and tons of stuff to share so don`t miss out on ME `cos I`m a little goldmine for HIRE genealogy !!
Speak soon
Anthony
Stimson, Everett, Gurr, Oxenham, Phillips, Hire, Spiller, Hurford

Offline trisha1815

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HIRE Family Help !
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 October 07 01:04 BST (UK) »
 hi i too am a direct descendant my gg grandfather was richard hire from freystrop is it the same family?
hire/hier drower hunter cuff winchurch evans

Offline genfind

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HIRE Family Help !
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 October 07 08:04 BST (UK) »
 :D Hi Trish !
                   So far with my `Welsh` branch of the HIRE family I do not actually have a Richard although I do have others from the Freystrop area as well as other areas.
Maybe he is a brother of one of the HIREs that I have and I have missed him, you will never know. Do you have any other HIRE family members that I can compare with as I have so many it would be difficult to establish any form of connection without some more names !!
Please get back to me with some more info and I shall see if I can help you further !
Regards
Anthony
Stimson, Everett, Gurr, Oxenham, Phillips, Hire, Spiller, Hurford