Author Topic: Spring 1954 Mackintosh Company Newsletter  (Read 3694 times)

Offline setraynor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Riddle Me Ree - Sorting out my family tree
    • View Profile
Spring 1954 Mackintosh Company Newsletter
« on: Monday 20 December 04 18:14 GMT (UK) »
I have a copy of Mackintosh's Company page of spring wedding/retirement/ long service & birth announcements & a few other stories with a few photo's for 1954.

Norwich people mentioned are:

MARRIAGES
Miss Ruth CROWE to Mr Arthur NOBBS on 6th March

Miss Betty MCCONNELL (packing belt) to Mr Jack CLOUGH on 20 March - Photo on page

Miss Dorothy BRADFORD (A2) to Mr Donald PAGE on 20th March

Miss Joyce BUXTON (A2 Enrober) to Mr James WEEDS on 20th March  - Photo on page.

Miss Barbara OSBOURNE (Packing Belt) to Mr Leonard STUBBS on 27th March

Miss Edna HUDSON (Cracker) to Mr Leslie SHINGLES on March 6th - Photo on page

LONG SERVICE
25 years - Mr R.N. KAY

BIRTHS
Mr & Mrs John FISHER had a son on 5th April 1954. Mr FISHER worked in the Roasting Room.

RETIREMENTS
A fair write-up of Miss A OSBOURNE who was 60 on 26 March 1954. She started as a junior Typist in 1912 and moved to the Buying Department. There is also a photo of her.

WHO's WHO
A write-up of Mr E SHIMMENS of the construction department, Norwich.  It mentions his serving in the Corps of Military Police in Europe & the United States and also his commendation for an act of bravery amongst other things. There is a photo of him.

The Girl on the Candy Box
A write-up about how Miss Brenda STEWARD ' a teleprinter at Mackintoshs, Norwich, won a competition for a cover girl for the "Confectionery Shop". Photo on page.

If you would like an electronic copy of these pages please contact me.

Sharon
Interested in the following names:
TRAYNOR Co Mayo Ireland, Greater Manchester, Boston Michigan & Texas USA<br />CLOUGH Bolton Lancs & Norwich Norfolk<br />BUTLER, BAILEY & FOSTER Peasmarsh Sussex <br />SIMPSON & SOWTER Norwich, Norfolk<br />WARRINGTON & DAVIES Salford Lancs<br />TAYLOR Bolton Lancs<br />HOWARTH  & CHAPMAN Rochdale Lancs